"trusted time" in windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by drift, Jan 20, 2012.

1. drift

drift MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2012
    i am having issues with using an unactivatable windows 7 ultimate.

(i own a windows 7 basic wich i can't use because the drive letters screwed something... wich causes a chronic blue screen)

i thought i'd get smart, disable time syncronization, and re-wind the clock to y 2000.
    well , now "my copy of windows isnt genuine", lots of security certificates pop up, my windows scerity essential says it will deactivate in 30 daays....

lots of stuff happening.

i wanted to extend the "GRACE PERIOD"...

i wish i could manipulate "trusted time" because it still has the right time in here DISPITE how much funky stuff is happening with what i discribed.

i'm not a professional at this, just someone who belives he OWNS a copy of windows he can't fix, and wants working version.

..and quite new to this forum.

PS: if i put the clock back, will what i've done be undone?

2. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Having the time set correctly is important for a lot of things. None of the SSL and code signing certificates in use today would have been valid in 2000, which of course will cause all kinds of things to fail. There shouldn't be a need to change the system time, so just keep it current.

3. drift

drift MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2012
    #3 drift, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    (OP)
    even after i put my time proper, it's still saying my windows is not genuine.
    black screen etc.

i had to validate it with M$ security essentials . didnt know it could do that.
    maybe now it will calm down.

also: google chrome wouldn't allow me into my own gmail account saying: my certificate could not be verifyed and I may be an attacker! heh..
    (that was b4 i fixed my time)