Trying to activate W7 on an Acer T180

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sin129, Sep 1, 2009.

1. sin129

sin129 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Ok so I've been trying to install W7 on my other computer, which is a Acer T180. I haven't tried modding the bios, but I've tried using Daz's and the 7loader, but whenever i use them they would restart and then go to a black screen with the message "Verifying DMI Pool" or something like that.

2. mauleous

mauleous MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    #2 mauleous, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    chew-WGA removes everything which belongs to the activation process. So it stays activated...

btw... did you try a modified bios?

4. sin129

sin129 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Sorry for the late reply, I was at school. But I haven't tried modding my bios because I really don't know how. And I'm trieing the chew wga thing right now so ill see what happens.

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #5 HotCarl, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    Wrong. It stays permanently in trial mode, but is hacked to say "activated"...and removes or suppresses the activation services/nags/timers.

EDIT: Sin129, have you tried Daz's "experimental" loader option in his program? You could also wait for his new version which should be out soon... I would try everything else before I used CHEW. ;)

6. sin129

sin129 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    I don't know why but it just freezes on the post. It's just stuck saying "Verifying DMI pool and doesn't load up unless I delete the partition with W7 installed on it. And this is after using one of the activators.

7. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #7 HotCarl, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    I was just curious, since you said that you tried Daz's loader, if you tried to check the option to install the "experimental" loader (at the bottom) after the first try did not work...as people who couldnt get Daz's regular loader to work have had success when trying that option.

Do you have an issue with Windows 7 creating the hidden system partition during install? I only ask because this is a common source of problems, and it is a simple fix during Win7 install that will disable it... Basically, when the installer forces you to create the system partition during install (and it will not let you continue without creating it; it is when you select the partition to install Windows 7 to...) it will pop up a window saying something to the effect of "...windows must create a system partition...blah blah...". When this happens click [OK] to close the popup window. Now you will be back at the partition selection, only now you will see a 100mb system partition present next to your install drive in the list. Select this 100MB partition and click "delete". This will cause the partition to still be there, but it will now be unallocated, so Window 7 installer will see that it is there, but will be unable to use it, and thus default to installing Windows7 without the system partition...

8. sin129

sin129 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Isn't that experimental thing for macs?

And also I'm using a partition the Acer computer came with. There's one partition named Acer, which is where i install all my stuff, and one Local Disk. I'm using the Local disk to install W7 because I have nothing installed on that one.

9. esetoric

esetoric MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2009
    #9 esetoric, Sep 1, 2009
  10. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #10 HotCarl, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    No, it is not just for macs... It works on them, but I used it (like many others have) and it works perfect on a PC... It has worked for me every time I have used Daz's program and the default loader did not work right...

Just checking whether or not you had the hidden 100 Megabyte system partition... If you do not, then great! :)
    To check, you can click the Start button, then in the Run.Search bar, type "diskmgmt.msc" (without the quotes). This will open the MS Disk Management windows where you can view all of your partitions (including hidden ones) to see if you have the 100MB partition in question...

11. sin129

sin129 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Well, I'm going to resort to bios modding as a last resort thing. But right now I'm try that option at the bottom.

12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah, it is definitely worth a shot...it worked for me yesterday on my old Dell Inspiron 1100 (with a Celeron processor in it :x). If that does not work, you may want to wait for Daz to release his new version soon...which should have better compatibility...

13. sin129

sin129 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Ok, I used Daz's activator and then it rebooted into W7 and when I went to My Computer>Properties and checked at the bottom it said that I still have 29 days left, so I then opened 7loader and used it and got the DMI pool error. I know it was my bad to use the 7loader cause it never worked in the first place, but I wanted to try it. Now I have to reinstall W7.

Why did Daz's activator not work in the first place? It just said I have 29 days left of my trial or something like that.

14. Joe45

Joe45 MDL Junior Member

May 17, 2009
    Well, i havent got any 100 MB hidden partition, but i have got an hidden recovery partition called PQSERVICE, which is present il all acer systems.Will this disturb activation?? i have got some troubles a little time ago, but now i could succesfully activate W7 ultimate with 7loader v1.5

15. esetoric

esetoric MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2009
    You guys need to forgot about activators and all of that bulls**t. The BIOS has been tested by more than one person and I have personally activated both Vista and 7 with the BIOS.

16. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #16 HotCarl, Sep 2, 2009
  17. Joe45

Joe45 MDL Junior Member

May 17, 2009
    Ahahahha,and if the modded bios is corrupted andthe flash fails ??? you wil f**k OUT your computer,it will not boot up,and you will to send it to an tecnician to reprogram the bios or change the bios or THE WHOLE motherboard, and that can cost more than 300 $, so, do that at your own risk.

18. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    It's always been stated that there is always a risk when you flash your BIOS. That's why we tell people if they flash your bios to make sure you read up on how to flash it properly and to have a backup in case of a bad flash. But if you read the majority of the posting's, flashing is has a 99% success rate.

The people who have had a bad flash usually try to flash from windows, and that is never a good idea. Same can be said about flashing your bios without it being modded. So, no matter what way you cut it there is ALWAYS a risk when you flash.

Softmods have there own issues, but hey if you want to try 5+ different lo*ders be my guest.

19. sin129

sin129 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    #19 sin129, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    (OP)
    Aight I have tried it over and over, and it didn't work. Now I'm gonna try modding the bios. You guys have a tutorial or anything for me to read over? I don't want to screw up. And can I flash with a usb? I don't have any floppies. And can anyone link me to the original bios? I can't seem to download it off of acer support because whenever i press the download button it doesn't work.

20. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    #20 Reign_Of_Freedom, Sep 2, 2009