Trying to find original .ROM file for Gateway DX4300-15e

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Dragonpoet, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Dragonpoet

Dragonpoet MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2012
    Hello all! Please help me.

I purchased motherboard with the manufacturer number of MB.G0409.005 on 2/3/12. I had put it into my system and then proceeded to install upgrades from the Gateway website. I saw there was a BIOS update (file: 924G1P11.ROM) available so I tried to update my BIOS. Well, after updating my BIOS with the .ROM file that I had gotten from their website, but after that, the on board ATI graphics adapter is no longer working. I tried to contact Gateway with no luck and them telling me that they don't recommend updating the BIOS. I also tried to contact the place where I purchased the motherboard from and they said that they didn't have the original .ROM. The motherboard is also not listed on the Foxconn website either. I am running Windows 7 x64 Build 7601 and I am dual booting Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64 under the wubi installer. I have also tried using a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS live USB and that did not work as well. As far as I can tell, the BIOS will not even recognize it. I am now currently using a NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 graphics card that is plugged into the 16x PCI-E slot. I have found modified .ROM files that someone had done for this motherboard from this site, but I don't want to risk it. And every forum and post I've come across has dead links to ones that someone has made a copy of the .ROM file and uploaded from their motherboard.

I've even tried to reset the CMOS battery but that didn't seem to work. I have also read about on INTEL boards, if you set the BIOS jumper properly and create a DOS boot CD/USB and load the .ROM file on there and plug it in to machine, the machine will actually flash the BIOS to the .ROM file on the DOS disk. However, I don't know if that would work with my AMD board because I haven't read a single article about it working with AMD boards and that also takes me back to my original problem about me not having the original .ROM file. And if it makes a difference, I didn't just flash it once, I think I flashed it about 6 or 7 times. I was trying to try different settings on the program to see if that would make a difference, but unfortunately, it didn't.If you need any information or if I did not make anything clear enough, please let me know. Thank you in advance for taking your time to read this and to help me.

My system is a Gateway DX4300-15e with 6 gb's of DDR2 RAM (originally 8 gb's of RAM, but a 2 gb stick blew out from a power surge, hence why I had to get a new motherboard) with a AMD Phenom II x4 970 64-bit Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3 processor.

Once again, thank you for reading this and thank you for the help in advance.

2. sps

sps MDL Member

Feb 6, 2008
    You probably checked already....
    Did you check the bios options to see if its possible to enable/reenable the onboard graphics?

3. Dragonpoet

Dragonpoet MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2012
    Numerous times. However, I cant seem to find any option for it.

4. sps

sps MDL Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Sorry, I have no further idea...