Trying to install OS and having issues......

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by glenquagmire82, Sep 29, 2013.

1. glenquagmire82

glenquagmire82 MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2013
    #1 glenquagmire82, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    I have been trying the process since Friday before posting.

command.png my issue is I have the .iso on a disc using imgburn because windows 7 usb/dvd wont recognize it and when I load it into the optical drive to boot windows (SSD is in SATA 0 and Optical is in SATA 5), I get to the install screen and it says cannot locate cd/dvd driver. I also tried the work around to get the .iso to usb using isoadvpcopy file but when I do the command isoadvpcopy.exe <nameoffile.iso> it acts like its reading but never finishes. I am trying to fix the .iso file to allow me to use windows 7 usb/dvd program to place the file onto the usb drive during boot of the os.

UPDATE****I found a new OS download and tried that file. It worked in adding the isoadvpcopy.exe path. Now its got the isoadvpcopy path added to the .iso file. I am now trying the file onto a DVD and then USB, then booting it to see if it fixes the issue with "No CD/DVD Drive detected" when booting windows.

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. glenquagmire82

glenquagmire82 MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2013