Trying to install Win7 64 UEFI in HP G62 340US

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by trinca, Mar 18, 2015.

1. trinca

trinca MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    After reading some of your info, I attempted to modify the BIOS to activate some hidden features based on posts by donovan6000 and a Russian fellow the name of Nurlan Muhanov [Falseclock] (Thank-you Google Translator for letting me understand what this guy has written). I bricked the notebook a couple of times, but thanks to the advice of some of the forum members (I read their experiences) I was able to unbrick the computer and I'm back on line.
    This time I will use the HP EEPROM utility for service tool, to modify some of the NVRAM variables.

Still asking myself why manufacturers such as HP are willing to give you these Insyde underdog BIOS?

2. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    For Win7 you only need a UEFI install if your primary HDD is bigger than 2TB, ie 3TB. Legacy/MBR only supports upto 2TB. UEFI/GPT is pretty much unlimited.
    Just install it as Legacy & don't worry about UEFI.
    The newer boards with UEFI have Win8 optimized setting like fast boot, etc which don't work with win7.
    Notebooks shipping with win8 are setup with UEFI as it's one of MS' requirements for oem key (oem-dm).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. trinca

trinca MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    Thank-you Flipp3r for your input, however I have seen a BIOS modded for the above Notebook with advanced menus, just need to keep searching