TV-Monitor (samsung) restarting

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by poliko_selas, Nov 15, 2015.

1. poliko_selas

poliko_selas MDL Novice

May 22, 2013
    #1 poliko_selas, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Hi there guys. I should firstly congratulate you for this great forum :clap:. It's like a heaven to me! I have been having this problem lately and i'm having a really hard time resolving it. Let me start with the details. I have a samsung tv-monitor model: lt24d590. The problem is that when i use it as a monitor (not tv) i get random restarts:confused:. PC works great but monitor goes black, as if i disconnected the power cord, and then boots up again working just fine. I had the monitor repaired from official samsung service center and they replaced the main pcb. They told me thought, the monitor worked perfectly before pcb replacement. So i guess it is my pc's fault. Could be the graphics card or the psu? my pc is extremely cleaned and maintained carefully every few months with excellent temperatures. Furthermore, i stressed my pc using prime95 and furmark but no monitor restart occured. Please help me here as i'm driving myself crazy. Let me know if any additional info will help you and i'll give it to you. Thank you in advance!! :)

2. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #2 Muerto, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021

3. poliko_selas

poliko_selas MDL Novice

May 22, 2013
    Hi thanks for the reply. I'm afraid that's not it. The power supply is outside the monitor like a laptop's. It was sent to samsung with the monitor as well.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i think its the driver resetting refresh rate for external or redetecting device.

remove your graphics adapter in device manager and restart to reinstall auto.

5. poliko_selas

poliko_selas MDL Novice

May 22, 2013
    I just tried that. Waiting for the monitor to restart and see if that worked! I will let you know how things are working. So far so good.

6. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Have you tried on another system to see if it is having the same problem?

7. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    That's the first thing that I thought, also.

Also, try a different cable. If you are using HDMI, try another video connector VGA? DVI? etc. Does it happen with a different cable or video connecton?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. poliko_selas

poliko_selas MDL Novice

May 22, 2013
    I removed the graphics card from the device manager then restarted but didn't work :( monitor restarted again some time later. I have also used another hdmi cable with the same result. I am now going to work on a laptop connected to the monitor and check if it happens again. I am also planning to format my pc and start fresh, so i can understand if it's a software or a hardware related issue.

"Just to remind you, the monitor shuts down then displays the samsung logo and then i see my desktop. No pop up messages or warnings or sounds come from the pc." Thanks :)

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #9 LatinMcG, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    samsung logo = reboots.. power supply issue

10. poliko_selas

poliko_selas MDL Novice

May 22, 2013

Do you mean inside the monitor???

11. poliko_selas

poliko_selas MDL Novice

May 22, 2013
    My monitor has an external power supply like a laptop's, it supplies the monitor with approximately 20 volts (i dont remember for sure). In this situation, does the monitor have a power supply board inside it? I believe the power cord connects directly to the main board. Please help me as samsung replaced the main pcb and it won't support me anymore, they tell me it's my pc's fault. But as long as my monitor shuts down and reboots i cant think of any other reason except problem with the power. I am an electronical engineer by the way but cant open up the monitor and ruin my warranty. Thank you guys. Looking forward to replying soon!!!

12. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #12 Muerto, Nov 22, 2015

13. poliko_selas

poliko_selas MDL Novice

May 22, 2013
    Thank you so much for your answer! I am still a student by the way but you made it very clear to me as i wanted to learn more about circuits. Samsung claims that as long as they replaced the main pcb it cant be the monitors fault. I will do my best so they can replace the needed circuit or the whole monitor. I don't want to open the monitor. It has a 2 year warranty and the monitor is 6 months old. Again thank you. I will let you know how things are going! Have a good day!

14. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Please, when you do let's know what transpired and what finally caused the problem.

15. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #15 Muerto, Nov 23, 2015