Tweaks messed up Windows 10 Home x64 activation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MonarchX, Aug 30, 2015.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I installed Windows 10 on top of Windows 10 and it was activated. Then I install clean Windows 10 Home on new SSD and I THINK after the installation, it also was activated properly. Then I ran Toggle Tweaker, DoNotSpy10, and Destroy Windows Spying. I made sure NOT to change or add anything to hosts file.

Then suddenly Windows 10 became NON-Activated and when I run MS Toolkit or any other Activation Verification in KMS Tools, etc., I get last digits of product key - 8HVX7 and error 0xc004f034 and status says "Notification Mode".

What does this mean? How do I make it properly activated? Will this Notification Mode end up requesting proper activation later? No time limit was presented and Windows was not asking for any Activations either...

2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    run slmgr /dlv command and post the screenshot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    That is a lesson learned. Reinstall and use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I used the same exact tweaks on this PC and it all worked out fine... How the hell am I supposed to know which ones are likely to screw things up?

5. Zardoc

Zardoc MDL Addicted

Feb 7, 2008
    That's exactly the point! If you don't know, don't use it. :tasty: Ample warnings are given explaining that tweaks are not tested on every machine and are offered as is at your own risk. I've screwed up a few pc'S with my Dr.Jekyll Mr Hyde tweaks. Sometimes they live, some times they.... well you get it. :rolleyes:

6. vuze4u

vuze4u MDL Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Same issue happened to me twice. It has something to do with the services (maybe Scheduled Tasks as well). Disabling or stop an activation relevant service might cause it to fail.

Reinstall and get online just for a second to activate, then disconnect to apply tweaks.

7. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009

If you install some of the spy paranoid tweaks to disable Windows 10 telemetry, you install one. Not all of them. Reinstall and use OO shutup. Also, Installing tweaks that delete essential and non essential Windows services is like asking for trouble in a tug packed night club.

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #9 Smorgan, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Ok I'm gonna come down and be frank here. It is time to take the gloves off for the Windows 10 telemetry stuff.

None I repeat none of the Telemetry scripts or products out there have been completely tested. They need far more time in order to become 100% stable. However throwing every product at the problem and praying the stuff goes away is a horrible idea. It is like taking 5 different drugs for diabetes you don't know what will happen given all the side effects that can occur. Well looks like you just lost the tokens for the OS along with the activation making it so that your in notification mode.

The lesson learned here is:

1) Do not throw every product at an issue that still needs more research.
    2) Stop Worrying about the Telemetry and if you do use 1 Script or Product AND NOT ALL OF THEM
    3) Think before you apply products bc you might not know what they do

In case your wondering. Yes I know exactly what the tokens does for the Windows licensing along with the goal of the Telemetry stuff on 10. Now take it easy backup your data and reinstall now that you've throw every thing at the OS.