Twitch.tv buffering in W10 while in W7 works flawlessly

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Saitoh, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Saitoh

Saitoh MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    Well, the title says it pretty much, got problems while watching Twitch.tv streams, videos constantly suffer from buffering without using anything that can cause slowdowns in my network. Streams work flawlessly in windows7 without any buffering and lag, I also tested on my smartphone if there was any issue with my ISP, and as expected it played as good as in windows7, no bufferings.

I actually disabled windows updates for avoiding the well known bandwidth usage in background, so It seems the Network preferences were modified by M$ in comparison to previous versions. Also checked: forums.mydigitallife. info/threads/70328-Quick-Links-to-popular-posts-on-MDL-and-other-sites-amp-FAQ-s/page4?p=1262501&viewfull=1#post1262501 and it didn't solve anything.

2. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Try to disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, see if that improves anything.
    I noticed when i play streams with a sniffer program that this service creates a lot of traffic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Saitoh

Saitoh MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    Thanks for answering but it didn't work, also as additional info, it doesn't get any buffering when playing streams in High Quality, just in Source... so the thing that is driving me nuts is that just happens in W10... still no problem on my smartphone and W7.

4. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    What player are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Saitoh

Saitoh MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    Default Twitch Player via Google Chrome, same setup as w7.

6. angelsanges

angelsanges MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2007
    disable updates sharing in windows update

7. Saitoh

Saitoh MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    It is disabled, also the Windows Update service.

8. frepsz

frepsz MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Try disabling flash so that the new pure HTML5 service gets loaded. While it's still beta, it's in a good shape and should work flawlessly in most cases. Maybe it'll solve your issue, but even if not, your CPU and GPU will thank you for the lower resource usage.

9. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Does this happen in all browsers you have tried? You might try using TCPoptimizer using optimal settings for your network adapter(s) to see if that helps.

10. yolo_twice

yolo_twice MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2015
    if you don't find a solution you can use livestreamer.io with vlc or some other player, takes care of s**tty ISP and windows 10

11. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    if you disable, windows updates, windows defender (updates too), all the spyware/malware that 10 has, what do you have?.
    So, its clear.

12. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    if you have amd video.. run DDCU and reboot then device manager. update the driver.
    amd streaming issues are common

13. Saitoh

Saitoh MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    #13 Saitoh, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    (OP)
    Thanks everyone for answering and trying to help, im using a nvidia gpu and tried 2 browsers, Vivaldi and Chrome both based on Chromium so it didn't make any difference, I know there are many workarounds to my issue such as VLC using Livestreamer, but it is kinda sad to have such problems just by changing the OS, it is the same setup as I have in W7, these small problems make me think in sticking to Windows 7 till the end of the support...

EDIT: Okay, after testing for 2 hours using TCPOptimizer as MacAddict01 suggested, is working properly now, it seems like Microsoft has messed up some Network settings in comparison to windows7.

14. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    Microsoft has technicians working 24/7 trying to screw you, I thought that was obvious to everyone.:D