Two imaging software

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Pasta88, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    If I were to use an external HDD with 2 folders in it. One is called ACRONIS and the other called AOMEI. Would I be able to store an image of my laptop and desktop using acronis and putting them in the acronis folder. Then putting a copy of my laptop and desktop in my AOMEI folder without them being erased? I cant keep them all on the external HDD without them trying to erase each other. I am going to try by seperating by folder but i am not sure if i will be able to.

Thought?

2. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Well if your "Cloning" the drive then you'll erase the backup drive.
    If your making an image backup then you can save the file anywhere you like.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >Thought?

Why are you useing two backup programs ?

Just make an image of your ' C ' partition ( or whatever partition you want ) and store it on an external HDD BEFORE you go into the internet . I always have at least two different backups and i store them on at least two external HDDS . Then when i feel the need i can wipe ' C ' and put the copy back in in a few minutes . My ' C ' backups are disk images and each one is about 7 G.

4. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I normally use Acronis true image which normally works great but the other day i imaged my laptop and it took 2 hours which is way too long. Normally, it takes less than a half an hour. I want to try various programs to see if other programs are faster.

The other day i used a program called EASEUS TODO pc transfer that allowed me to transfer programs that I installed from C: to D; and I am wondering if that was the cause of the extended time it took to image. Any ideas?

5. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >Any ideas?

My opinion ---- >

A general rule of thumb is ....... before you experiment make a backup ....... and then if it doesnt work put the backup in again . Have you got a backup ?

Another one is when you do changes make notes of what youve done so that you can reverse the changes if it doesnt work . Most people dont do that and just carry on to the next experiment and then wonder why they get problems .

Why do you want to put programs on ' D ' ?