UAC and Administrator privilege

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Porkeater, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Porkeater

Porkeater MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2011
    No problem upgrading to WIN 10 pro, had WIN 7 Ultimate. Activated fine even though a Daz special. However, trying to run an Intel utility querying the system for identity of chip I was not able to run the software. Had no administrator rights. So I googled and googled and it is very confusing . Did not find anything to work. I feel I should be able to do anything on my computer, can always dead load it. As it was, I got frustrated and went back to 7 where I can do anything after having taken ownership. That is where I will stay unless somebody lays it out in understandable jargon. It is always fun to tear it down and then rebuild it. No wonder my wife will not let me touch her computers.
    Thanks for looking.:eek:

2. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    What I did was I made an account on Windows 10.... then i enabled administrative account and just renamed it... and logged in there.. then deleted the other account. The default administrative account has elevated rights... I couldnt figure out how to give myself them with the account I created so i went that route.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Porkeater

Porkeater MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2011
    I will have to try that next when my courage has returned. I think Win 10 should be okay for the casual user, but for a hobbyist it is too secretive in its behavior when trying to change or adjust something. Maybe before the year is out there will be a treasure trove of help and how-to so my marbles won't get worn out. Help is too convoluted. Sifting through the endless verbiage is frustrating. Thanks. I am 73 years young. I hope Win 7 will still be running for me before I croak.
    :confused::confused: