ubantu

Discussion in 'macOS' started by implague, Mar 3, 2009.

1. implague

implague MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2008
    hi there i have 4 ubantu linux cd's i want to make them in one single dvd can u plz instruct me how to make those all 4 images in one single bootable dvd?

2. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    man debootstrap cdebootstrap cdd-common dfsbuild
    when it comes to linux? there is no one to help better than man pages. and once you are into linux you changed from a cub tiger/lion to bloody man eater blood thirsty tiger and then no one than you can help yourself. if you want to build custom cd sets? you need to RTFM
    google RTFM

sorry for being rude, but linux/bsd/unices? you gotta eat the burn baby, yeah baby yeah! ;-)

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    wow, I nominate that for the 'best post ever' award.

at least learn how to spell ubuntu before asking such a technical question

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Duh . . . huh?

What he say? :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. antonibede

antonibede MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    Hello Everyone,

I have installed the Ubuntu and working on it. I have installed as a software on Windows Xp. So partitions have been created themselves.

I want to know If I am able to run Ubuntu virtually using VMWare. I have already install VMWare and want to run Ubuntu virtually.

Does anyone know about this?

6. petejk

petejk MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    i do......

7. thebulletfromhell

thebulletfromhell MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
    Yes, you would be able to. I'm not sure about vmware but virtualbox, if you select ubuntu as the distro in the new virtual machine page, it will do most of the setup of ram amount and stuff for you.

8. vrchards

vrchards MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    You can Install VMplayer to run Ubuntu as Vertually.
    Installing VMware Player on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and Ubuntu 8.10

1. Install required packages build-essential, linux-kernel-headers and linux-kernel-devel

sudo aptitude install build-essential linux-kernel-headers linux-kernel-devel

2.Download the latest VMware player e.g. VMware-Player-2.5.1-126130.i386.bundle (download the bundle version, not the rpm one) and run it as root using gksudo. You'll get a graphical installer that installs VMware player for you.

gksudo bash ./VMware-Player-2.5.1-126130.i386.bundle

If nothing appears, you may need to make the file executable. You can do so with this command: chmod +x ./VMware-Player-2.5.1-126130.i386.bundle

After completion, VMware player is installed and should show up in the menu under Applications → System Tools → VMware Player.