uBlock Origin ...

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Doghen, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Doghen

Doghen Guest

Why so many users, experts recommend me or other people to use.. Ublock Origin?!
    Why is uBlock Origin better than Adblock Plus?
    Omg just tell me :( and should i switch to uBlock origin, so yes? why.. :)
    and is it a safe extension to use..

-Cheers brent

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Adblock now whitelists a lot of adds and got compromised by that. No-one needs an add blocker that does this.

uBlock Origin is the only valid alternative (additionally good to prevent several IP leaks in browsers).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doghen

Doghen Guest

Hmm so, Adblock Plus is not good anymore as an real Adblocker extension, but what about uBlock origin? can you or somebody give me more details why uBlock origin is more popular, and more wanted by users and why they are recommend it so much to other people :O because i will try to use uBlock origin, iknow it's more than an Adblocker it's like a Firewall for a Browser but i will know more about it .. :( help me please ..

4. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    It is stricter in its blocking rules and can nicely be configured. Even @Daz uses it and he's very critical in that regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I really do not know what you are looking for when you make these threads @Doghen This is the 2nd thread where you were giving an answer and yet somehow still feel as though you've not been answered (no offense).

uBlock Origin
    • More sources (more ads blocked)
    • Does not get paid to sneakily ignore sources (such as Adblock Plus)
    • Is open source (can view the code used)
    • Uses fewer resources (low impact on your system and browser)
    • Works with Firefox, Opera, and Chrome (compatibility)
    If that is not enough of a reason, I do not understand what is it that you seek.

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    ^^additionally it offers a lot of extended options to block social stuff and others in it's dashboard.

7. Doghen

Doghen Guest

sorry people that i ask so much about it, but i just want to know so i will give ublock a try.

8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    BTW: There are two very similiarly looking addons; uBlock Origin and uBlock, the latter is abandoned.

9. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    @Doghen do you use a VPN (i.e. Private Internet Access or any other)?

10. Doghen

Doghen Guest

i don't use a VPN .. xD

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #15 Mr.X, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Fortunately for coin miners websites, the vast majority of visitors are unprotected to effectively block mining and these don't even know that mining is actualy happening behind the scene, lol. That list above is for users like me who don't like anything messing around. So they don't care about us, a minority, that much. If they don't make money from our visits, no problema at all.:)

12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Not having no stinking miners running in my browser, nor any stinking ads, no compromise

If you can't afford to run a site without sticking ads all over it or infecting machines with miners, don't start a site, us, the members are the reason the site is even a site, remove us and you have nothing, so we're already paying our way, don't make out like we owe you something

13. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    This is a long debate which has been going on forever on The Internet. Folks who start up websites obviously have the funds to be running a website, but there is no shame or harm in wanting to offset the balance. Especially if your website becomes super popular and your monthly cost reaches €5,000 per month (€60,000.00 per year). Then you have the entitled users who believe everything should be free and by their mentality, only the wealthy could ever hope to run a popular website. :rolleyes:

It really does go both ways! -- If it were not for the users, no site would be popular, but it were not for someone paying the dues, no user would have anywhere to visit.

14. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    It's not free though, we pay our ISP for internet access

If site owners don't think their site should be free, charge for access, good luck getting members

15. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013