[Ubuntu 10.04] Photoshop CS5 portable works with wine !

Discussion in 'macOS' started by M!574 Y, May 9, 2010.

1. M!574 Y

M!574 Y MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
  2. joo nam

joo nam MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2007
    thanks for the info. where did you get that? do you have a link or can you upload it somewhere.
    i really like ubuntu latest release it has come a long way it runs real nice on my netbook.

3. rikwes

rikwes MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010

CS5 portable is generally available as a torrent ( just do a search for it ) . Mind you : your BIOS should really have USB-boot capability ( or you use USB bootflash utility) for this to be used to its full potential. Ubuntu 10.04 doesn boot on any system < 128 MB though unless you fiddle with startup variables and even then it's not advisable . For older systems I recommend using DSL ( damn small linux ) or Puppy . I'm currently trying to get puppy installed on an aging Toshiba laptop which has only 6 Gb HDD and 64 MB Ram but am having trouble at the stage when it attempts to install the GRUB-loader .Might have to resort to editing that manually ;)

Fascinating to try and get stuff running on antique systems ....

4. skiflyer

skiflyer MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2010
    great :) now i don't have to use gimp any more :)

5. zeealex

zeealex MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2011
    and for the text crash fix, you dowload a .DLL file called ATMlib.dll and place it where any instance of it comes up in the photoshop folder and overwrite the original. :D sorry it's like a year late.