uefi ssd raid0 activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jondoeu, Sep 17, 2012.

1. jondoeu

jondoeu MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2012
    hi all,

i have extensively read through out the internet all the methods that i have to use to successfully build up my new system and activate w7. all went well until i have run loader v2.1.7 and rebooted. after that my raid just broke and upon booting, i receive the folloving error: "disk error, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart".

how would you advise me to get around this problem?

system specs:

cpu: 3930k
    mobo: p9x79 ws
    ssd: 2 x a830 raid0

after some research, i have come to the conclusion that when i installed the os i may have installed from an uefi usb flash disk instead of a normal usb flash disk. i have read that v2.1.7 does not support efi, and i have to convert the disk to mbr, but when i tried to access diskpart before actual os install i had no selection option for my ssd raid array so i just went on with the instalation.

my question is: is there any way to revert the changes made by the loader, so i revert to trial state and not to have to reinstall everything and secure erase my ssd's?

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #2 Tito, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Its in the readme:

Code:
    ##########################################################################
    #   1   -   Recovery
    ##########################################################################
    Is Windows failing to boot after you installed the loader? Just do the following.

* Boot up the PC from your Windows installation disk
    * Press and hold SHIFT and then press F10
    * Input "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" (without quotes)
    * Restart the PC

Note: If the above doesn't fix your boot issue then use the command "bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force" instead. Just make sure you remove all USB flash drives before you use the command.

Then request for a bios mod.

3. jondoeu

jondoeu MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2012
    #3 jondoeu, Sep 17, 2012
    (OP)

Well, i have tried with - "/nt60 SYS" and it gives the following error: "the system partition was not found: the system cannot find the path specified"
    - "/nt60 ALL" and is writes that "bootcode was successfully updated on all targeted volumes";
    But after i restart it gives me the same error :"a disk error occured. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

Also i have checked and the raid is not affected, that's why i still hope i can revert to trial state of the os install...

So while it seems that this solution will work, actually i doesn't help me, and i think it is so because of the same reason diskpart won't see my raid drive, reason that still remains unknown to me...

Any other ideas? By the way, the only way to get past this error is by forcing uefi to load non uefi usb boot drive, on which i had the w7 installation files...

Anyway, thank you a lot for spending your time with my stupid problems.

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #4 Daz, Sep 17, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jondoeu

jondoeu MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2012
    #5 jondoeu, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    (OP)
    ok, at least i found a way to get past the error: just force non-uefi flash dirve with w7 install to boot from bois, and then w7 will start installing. this means that i can't recover my old installation, but i'll try with a bios mod and see what happens.

@daz: thanks for your advice and extra codes to try, but "the system cannot find the path specified"...

so i guess that for uefi raid0 ssd systems (at lest mine) the w7 loader isn't working anymore :( is working :) . i'll try the multibrand activation and if that doesn't work too then i'll go the bios mod path...

-LATER EDIT-

i seems that i have managed to make it work! i have checked the following options from the <advanced options> tab in the loader: use the legacy mode as default; preserve the current boot code; and use the loaders default boot menu

after restart i chose from the default boot menu w7 and presto! it worked!

i will keep you updated if other problems should appear, but it would seem that this made the trick...