"Ultimate" W7 edition?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Myler, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Myler

Myler MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2011
    Now, bare with me if Im completely newbie here, I just want to learn couple of things so I ask people who know, I take its better to ask than to search for an answer for something youre not even familiar with.

So my Windows 7 EP x64 got the genuine alert. Probably because I removed Zone Alarm (kept causing BSOD) and installed MS Essentials.

I dont know where exactly did I get (dl) my copy of W7, but Im wondering, is there (is it even possible) a version of W7 (other than $$$ version) that is completely "clean", simple plug-n-play, no KMS, no activations, no nothing, just format-install-update(if you want)?

Also, could someone explain briefly this activation...if it depends on servers that fool MS servers, that means MS can easily see what IP addresses use "free" Windows? Right?

2. Myler

Myler MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2011
    What about the Ultimate version?

3. Myler

Myler MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2011
    Enterprise isn't possible?

But how does it trick the MS servers? I persume 99% of PCs running W7 are online at all times, so there must be some kind of buffer or reroute between my PC and Microsoft's validation check server?

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    1. It doesnt fool any server at all
    2. It uses slic to activate your computer offline, if a slic marker is found in your bios it only installs key and certificate, if not a loader is installed to trick windows to think it has that slicmarker.

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    +1 for Canouna and TCNTAD why bother with E
    Bien dis:D