Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by intelarmamd, Aug 23, 2015.

1. intelarmamd

intelarmamd MDL Junior Member

Dec 21, 2012
  2. ifvrt12

ifvrt12 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2015
    #2 ifvrt12, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    I wonder if Win10 respects the privacy settings, or the data just leaks any other way. I know guys were trying to add the servers to hosts file, but the addresses seems to be hardcoded and hosts file is not respected.

Hopefully this tweaker disables the spying properly. Why the hell is the spying so intrusive? MS even wants to know the name of every file I download (Some users claim it sends this information too. Is there something it does NOT send??), and made the spying so hard to disable.

Can't help buy think of the Kingsman movie :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tweaker, OP, great find. If anyone else knows more tweakers, feel free to drop them here.

3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Lots of modems and routers have firewall control with URL blocking, windows can't bypass them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ifvrt12

ifvrt12 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2015
    That's right, but we can't be limiting information leaking this way. It should be easier, just like a tweaker.

I hope not, I will need to add every single URL to blocking lists, keep track of them and watch out for updates/changes. So I was wanting to know if anyone did see decrease of "spying" traffic after applying tweaks. Other GitHub projects even delete the services, which is considered more "safe".