Unable to activate clean Windows 10 Install

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by prvnrk, Aug 22, 2016.

1. prvnrk

prvnrk MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2015
    Hello

I have 2 laptops, one with Windows 10 Home & other with Win 10 Pro. Both of them were upgraded from Win 7 (which were activated by great DAZ Windows loader) and activated & were working fine.

I just wanted to do a clean install of Windows 10 so downloaded the latest Win 10 ISO's (one for Pro & the other for Home edition) using Media creation tool and tried to install. Unfortunately both laptops are NOT activated now and asking for serial/buy Win 10. I guess it's because of incorrect download/build/edition? I know I can patch it with KMS or something but I don't want to do that.

Could anyone please let me where can I get the correct builds for Win 10 Pro & Home editions so that a clean install directly gets activated on my laptops.

Thanks in advance!

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The MCT downloads combinedmulti(sl) esd's and creates the iso from the esd.

If you have valid HWID's for the laptops you can do clean installs, with the version you've established the HWID on, and they will be HWID activated, you only have to skip the 2 key input questions during installation.

3. prvnrk

prvnrk MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2015
    Thanks Enthousiast for your reply!

Unfortunately I don't have the ISO's that I initially used for upgrading from WIn7 to Win10. Is there anyway I can get them?
    I didn't note down the hardware ID's prior to attempting clean install.

4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...