Unable to chance virtual keyboard language

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Super Spartan, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    On my wife's Dell Vostro 5470 laptop, she has English, Romanian, and Russian languages. She can ALT+Shift to change languages while typing just fine but the virtual keyboard key layout is stuck on russian characters even though the default language and UI is English US

How can she change the layout of the virual keyboard? you know she has this icon on the bottom right of the taskbar which when she clicks opens up a virtual keyboard so she can type on as her screen is a touch screen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    In Windows 10, you have to set the On-Screen Keyboard via Settings -->Keyboard to ON. If that is done correctly and the different Keyboard Layout also installed and set correctly, just use the WIN Key + Space for to change the displayed Keyboard Language.

That should work with no problems, it does for me with Thai, English and German!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    pressing the Windows + Space doesn't do anything

She told me that in the past, there was this smiley icon on the bottom right which if she presses, it would change the layout of the on screen keyboard, now it does nothing.

I double checked the languages in Control Panel and they are all there, English, Romanian, and Russian, but that virtual keyboard is stuck on Russian.

Any other ideas?

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  5. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    In that case, you should do an new clean install and install all nneded apps, but system removal tools! Done that, start to install just one apps and change 1 settings at the time and restart the system for to check all works. That may gives you a clue what to avoid and why!