unable to Download after Java Exploit Virus

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by leis, Jun 27, 2013.

1. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    #1 leis, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    I have experienced the Exploit Java virus during the past few months and it seems to return or perhaps, lay dormant until a certain action strikes and wakes it up(?).

There was message indicating that there was something about Java that was dysfunctionable, I don't have the exact warning, but I uninstalled it completely, and proceeded to go ahead and re-install the new or latest version and it was not happening. Or that is, just like adobe flash player to update and Fox Readit, i was unable to download those and still at present, no dice. Or that is, nothing I can download except (and glad) Security Essentials and Malware bytes updates.
    Incidentially, both malware bytes scan and S E anitvirus (of course) tests are fine and nothing malicious, etc...
    However, I'm still feeling like the exploit Java's looming right around the corner to become in effect at some time or sooner than later, maybe. Because it appears to hop on easily and this isn't the first time having the same virus and from research, it's fairly common practice that Java's can be the hijacked software to get these virus' going or passed on to users, etc...

I ran the sfc /scannow test and it proved fine or nothing was found to be a problem.

So, my question is if to try the repair or recover disc for Win. 7 for this particular issue or if there is ideas or other recommendations that may be worth considering, please feel free to post reply. Thanks for your time in this regard.

Leis

Specs: (my computer) OS Win. 7 Ultimate, SP1, 32 bit

AMD Athlon 64 x2 DCP 5200+ 2.7 Ghz

4 GB (3.37 gb useable)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks for your reply and I followed to Bleeping Computer and the only thug is in the downloading process. It's not happening. I can't seem to download and there is no indication that anything is happening either way. Normally, the downloads window will appear and than you can either watch it process or minimize and you know the routine. Like I said in thread, the only things that are downloading are the antivirus and if i want, the malware bytes updates. Weirdly, but it is always something different, or that is, a new problem or weird one I'm sure, occurs all the time on computers, etc....
    So, it sounds like I might go with the disc for Windows 7. I haven't used the portion of repair mode and if I do do that, it should be pretty much automated or that is, run through a scan and determine what is or isn't in line(?) or that is, proper operating order, etc...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011

i have dloaded it from linux live in a dvd or usb.. to the c: (for usb i use yumi from pendrivelinux.com)
    then reboot with f8 safemode command prompt

type
    cd ..
    to get to plain c:\
    now type combofix and accept agreement.
    u could also do same with that cureit

5. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    #6 leis, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    (OP)
    Thanks for your reply. I wanted to ask another question if you may know, since i'm now getting nothing on the downloads, i still need to equip a new windows 7 download and/or repair-reinstall and i have ultimate version win. 7 right now.
    Can I do this by burning onto a DVD disc and get the whole windows 7 OS? Just not that the CDs hold the complete version, i'm sure not or was what I was reading about awhile back, i believe.
    I don't have a flash card, but I can get one as i need to go get dvd since I don't have my disc and my buddy has it by mistake i believe as he left in its place dvd s that i don't need but he could have honestly gotten it mixed up. Not that that's ish here, but
    anyway, so, for the most part, I doubt that I can download anything from my computer and have tried already but the antivirus and malware bytes still churn right along.
    The nasty trojans are just too much man!

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    ive used hirens and live linux to dload the tools to c:\

but if its messed up bad.. reinstall win7 is best yes
    if u need win7 iso get the digital river media refresh ultimate with sp1 and remove ei.cfg from it