Unable to download updates.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by submariner, Jun 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. submariner

submariner MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2010

I am running 3 user channels.The primary which contains more programs than the other 2 received 7 recommended updates.However, they fail to install.I only get this updtae notification on the primary channel.
    There are 2 problems with this channel.It won't load explorer, but will load "favourite " tags from the tool bar.Google chrome and Firebird operate O.K. so I can be logged-on to 2 email accounts simultaneously.
    The other problem is that if I try to load "walla" email service, when I try to open my inbox, it resets continuously.If I log in from one of my secondary channels there is no problem.I have tried re-installing explorer, re-setting but it is the same.
    I wondered if the fact that it will not install the updates and the explorer issues are connected.
    I am using "Loader Extreme" but in the past updtes were not a problem.

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It is almost definately the extreme loader since it uses Frankenbuilds to activate windows. Frankenbuilds are good for beta/pre-release OS builds but not final builds. The reason is that M$ can very easily detect that it is a frankenbuild and then deny updates and whatnot from there. Plus WAT if installed will most likely flag you and deactivate you anyway. The only real way to fix that is to reinstall windows and use a real loader like the Daz for example dude.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    daz it up my friend, and as my fellows have stated, get rid of that extreme BS.