Unable to enable NTFS long path

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bberkey1, Dec 25, 2016.

1. bberkey1

bberkey1 MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2015
  2. Full inu

Full inu MDL Addicted

Jun 9, 2015
    Secret of the success:
    1) Install the most minimal Windows 10 distributive
    2) Complain about missed features

That was not really an answer.

3. bberkey1

Aug 9, 2015
    Thanks for your insight, truly helpful. The fact is, I'm not the only one who has experienced this issue and it is not only LTSB versions that seemingly have the error. This isn't some silly feature like tiles or cortana, but rather a fix the windows finally corrected. In any case, my experience with 10 on this test pc has been nothing but disappointment, so I'll play around a little longer and eventually dump it, as good ol Linux will still suffice

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Known problem I use Total commander to bypass windows refusing to move around files with long path names ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bberkey1

Aug 9, 2015
    Yes, I am familiar with that work around. I've used it in the past as it works well, but I thought it would be nice not to have to use third party. no matter, this is a clean install, but I've already run into another problem with incorrect side-by-side configuration, which I haven't seen to be an issue since vista, which use to deal with C++ libraries, which I have up to date, yet more run aroundOh windows....