Unable to find BIOS filename with Andy's Phoenix Tool for Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 10

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by petepete, Dec 9, 2015.

1. petepete

petepete MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2013
    #1 petepete, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    I need I'm in so much trouble, I have 'bricked my mother's brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 10 laptop (model: 20324) after an unsuccessful BIOS update.

I'm hoping to restore the BIOS by unplugging the laptop, inserting USB with BIOS file on it, holding down fn+r and then plugging in laptop and powering on. The USB contains BIOS downloaded from Lenovo...
    (download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/93cn59ww(v9.9&v3.8).exe)
    ... I extracted 93cn59ww.fd and used Andy's Phoenix Tool to find bios filename but Andy's Tool doesn't show what filename I should rename it to on USB.

When I power on the laptop all that happens is the white power light comes on. However,If I hold fn+r while turning the laptop on the power light turns red and continues to blink. If I plugin or unplug the power cable the laptop beeps. I'm hopefull I can get this working if I can find out the filename. I've tried naming the file bios.bin, bios.fd, bios.wph, ect but I have had no luck.

The original bios was InsydeH20 93cn55ww(v9.5).64bit

Please can anybody help me find the filename I need to rename 93cn59ww.fd to on the USB? I'm in so much trouble!
    I'm not smart enough to figure this out on my own but I'm hoping somebody else here can help. Many thanks in advance to somebody who knows how to do it.

2. petepete

petepete MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2013
    #2 petepete, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    (OP)
    I've downloaded...
    download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/93cn59ww(v9.9&v3.8).exe
    ... and extracted file 93cn59ww.fd from it.

I just need to find out what to rename 93cn59ww.fd to on the USB?