Unable to get Office 2010 to Activate

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by weberman, Sep 27, 2012.

1. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I had Office 2010 Professional installed but could not get it to activate. I uninstalled it and installed what was suppose to be an Enterprise edition, but I think it is really a Professional version as the Enterprise version was not supposed to require activation.

I have used the activation methods available and it won't activate. I get an KMS error Failed to set KMS Host
    Failed to set KMS Port or
    ---Processing--------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    Could not activate because your licensing details are corrupt.
    ---------------------------------------- not found or
    Cannot use EZ-Activator because your licensing details are corrupt.

Any suggestions appreciated. I have been reading and trying what I found to no avail.

Thanks
    WEB :confused:

2. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Uninstall. Convert you setup files to VL. Reinstall. Reactivate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Colin Haw Le

Colin Haw Le MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2012
    4sysops.com/archives/office-2010-activation-how-to-rearm-office-2010/ This will help you a lot...

4. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    More than likely he needs to clean Office with the Office Cleaner by M$.... to remove all traces of the borked install...
    then he should REBOOT... then shutdown then reboot. then run the Office cleaner again...
    it might also help to "Make sure he know what edition he is installing... not a should be or I think it was....

genuine Retail Office 2010 keys a dime a dozen... the need to activate with a converter or KMS Activator is no longer required...

5. icetea

icetea MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2012
    #5 icetea, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    i have installed and activated office 2010 standard. in past, i successfully restore activation after re-installing windows. yesterday i notice, my office is no more activated?!, all i did is update windows. Maybe is that or the key is expired?