unable to get vista activated [Vista HP -> Ultimate via paradox]

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vicanay82, Jun 2, 2008.

1. vicanay82

vicanay82 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2008
  2. the-paperboy

the-paperboy MDL Junior Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Dude...
    Run everest and see if you have the SLIC already in the BIOS. If you PC came with a Vista version in it, I would lay money on a bet that you have an OEM BIOS. If that is true, all you will need is a *.xrm-ms digital license file (I'm guessing also they will be located in a sub-directory of your C: drive like C:\windows\system32\OEM\). If you can find those two things, getting the Ultimate version of Vista running will be a piece of cake... let me know...

3. vicanay82

vicanay82 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2008
    unable to get vista activated

i just ran Everest, i discovered i have an SLIC description table,under ACPI, theres is an OEM ID=FUJ, i also saw under system32\OEM some Xrml digital Licence, with name like security-licence-SLC-component-SKU-Home Premuim-OEM-NONSLP-pl, and several ,others. i couldnt find any XRM-ms licence.

4. vicanay82

vicanay82 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2008
    i just ran Everest, i discovered i have an SLIC description table,under ACPI in the BIOS, theres is an OEM ID=FUJ for alomost all the Tables. i also saw under system32\OEM some Xrml digital Licence, with name like security-licence-SLC-component-SKU-Home Premuim-OEM-NONSLP-pl, and several others. i couldnt find any XRM-ms licence.

5. the-paperboy

the-paperboy MDL Junior Member

Jun 1, 2007
  6. vicanay82

vicanay82 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2008
    #6 vicanay82, Jun 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
    (OP)
    i guess you forgot to tell me what to do with the file, i was able find a file named x86 microsoft security licencing slc ..................security-licencing slc ppdlic.xrm-ms_e02677a1,it looks like the one you sent, i guess its the right file.

7. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    #7 reginakampher, Jun 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
    Ok. Goto this directory and upload the "tokens.dat" file and I will extract the digital certificate for you.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing\

8. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
  9. vicanay82

vicanay82 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2008
    Thanks Guys, it worked, i must express my gratitude for this spirit, i really appreciate

Reg.
    if thats ur pic, then you have the most charming smile,i will realy love to know how you extracted the digit cert.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #12 Yen, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
  12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The moderators will excuse that I'm going on off topic here;)

I'm often thinking about who is the person behind the avatar, generally.
    I guess that your native tongue is English, mine isn't, so I'm restricted regarding expression. (I had to consult a dictionary twice to get what you have posted before).
    Language restricts, thinking about of crudely translated Chinese websites whose instructions I have tried to reproduce.

Also to explain stuff like how to mod a bios is usually a kind of scientific, academic. Expressions like exhilarated or adjectives generally are almost not used.

I never met some people in real life before, no matter what forum I'm a member of.

But I know, the impression of a person what we get here is only a small detail........not necessarily the main aspect....sometimes a wrong aspect.

When you are going out with your friends, you are doing different things, they know who you are. To here people come to exchange about computer stuff, it's only one matter.

Beyond question there are a lot of interesting and nice people here........
    Off topic end..............
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now I'm the serious, get to the point kind of person again :):D
    Yes, it's ONE side of me......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    :)

Never mind about a little bit off-topic chitchat, it sure enhances communication between us. Don't think this should be seen too strict.
    [I'm trying to be a little bit like the "keep things working from out of the background" person not the dogmatic rule hammer...]

From the PMs I've exchanged with various members here I surely got another view on them, maybe a more private one. And this makes me agree with Yen's statement: