Unable to get Win 10 entitlement on Dell PCs COA sticker "Win 7 Pro OA India" w EN-US

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by crashnburn, Jul 26, 2016.

1. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #5 lobo11, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    This is what I have so far.. All nighter.. The objective with following Roberst steps was it bypassed needing to mess with existing Win 7/8 and pulled straight from OEM Hardware.

Thanks for responding but I'm concerned there's something to do with the Dell + MS license on these machines. Please tell me who can get this fixed?

------------ Anyways, here are the issues I've faced in detail ---

So, I was able to get DE rightaway on my US bought SPro 3 + MSDN 1511 x 64 EN-US applied to Separate Partition via DISM with Answer file .xml

I figured a few hours would do the rest so I committed to get it done using Roberts Steps using an SSD. After an all nighter, I am not happy with the outcome but will post some info for resolution before I crash.

To answer your question, I just RDP into a Dell with Win 8 > Control Panel > Languages >en-US. I dont have a Win 7 machine on, but I suspect based on my MCT execution on both, it was selecting en-US x32

Dell Machines - I've got a bunch of Desktops ranging from: Dell Vostro 2xx series to 3902 having "Win 7 Pro OA India" to Win 8 (whose COA sticker I did not see)

Dell Laptops: Vostro 1014 having "Win 7 Pro OA India" and Vostro 3400

- Win 7 -

When I tried to activate, it tried and couldnt connect or had some issues. So I figured maybe if I copy the key from the Win 7 COA Sticker it would help.It did not accept the KEY.

I had a previously downloaded copy of MCT .ISO - Aug-6-2015

Did a DISM Apply Image + answer file to partition with the MCT .ISO as per @Chris suggestion, outcome:

- Default Activation attempt - Nope
    - Enter key - WORSE. It says this key is blocked.
    - Tried it with another Dell machine. Same.

WTF - Are these some kind of "Second Class Citizen OEM license machines" that Dell + MS has dumped on us?

- Win 8

I do have another MCT .ISO (todays date) downloaded as the Sun was rising and will try that, but please tell me what to do as I cant spend another day & night in fruitless pursuit.

I did not get a chance to try on Win 8 machines but I hope I get a solution from you guys when I wake up.

6. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #7 lobo11, Jul 27, 2016
    I know you're tired and pissed, the only reason I can think of for Enter key - this key is blocked is the OS is on another computer ,that has not been formatted to erase key

Win8 computers have to be upgraded to Win 8.1 before upgrade to Win 10
    don't worry it's free, run check for update on Win 8.

Have you contacted DELL?

Anything you have with Win 7 on it Try Daz's loader
    It is in the MDL Quick Links in my signature, go to number DAZ's loader #7

With everything you done with your computers you may want to know if all system files are still working, each computer
    It is in the MDL Quick Links in my signature, go to number #41, if problems are found, then #32

7. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Yeah. I just slept for 1-3 hours and will try things out again. Yeah, the Win 8 machines are actually Win 8.1

How and where would I contact Dell (open suggestions/ numbers/ depts to call) relating to MS DE issue?

Will try and get back here.

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
  9. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Thanks. I will take all these notes, make all the stuff in a folder, start with one machine and hope to go all m/cs goes through :)
    PS: I owe you a sit down lunch for sure and goo chat when we cross paths.

10. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #12 Myrrh, Jul 27, 2016
    Mr. Bat,

It looks like I will have around a dozen Windows 7 machines at my workplace I can't upgrade by Friday for one reason or another but of course I'd like to not have to pay for them when I get all the issues resolved.

I'm reading this and one thing is not quite clear: Does the SSD have to be a completely fresh install of Windows 10 that has never touched the internet, that is I have to wipe that install and start fresh again for the next machine; or can I simply repeat the procedure moving the SSD to the next machine?

11. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    No the Win 10 HDD or SSD can have been used previously. And You don't have anything on it to remove when moving from PC to PC. The only thing is You have to use the gatherosstate on each PC to get the DE on that machine. It goes rather quickly provided You get the DE from M$ is a short amount of time. I'm in the US so I never had any wait.

@CrashnBurn I was going under the assumption that all the PCs already had a Genuine (Yes Daz Loaded Copies are Genuine) Pro OS installed ?? If Not then You're going to have to look at UPGRADING KMS copies from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Id You're looking at deploying on a Network then You'd be best served by installing the Win 10 OS in a VHD. I tried to make it simple as possible but You're running out of time.

12. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    - 8.1's are mostly legit, one is 8.1 Bing > Home - Might want to make it Win 10 Pro via Win Ult + Daz
    - Win 7 SP1s are mostly all legit
    - Some XP machines (yeah! I laugh & cry when I see how badly.. etc) - These I'd like to Win 10 Pro via Win Ult + Daz

You didn't clarify on the RED stuff about the Win 10 ISOs (for OSState.exe extraction and DE later) above. Please do :) I just got in and will be pulling an all nighter.

13. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    There are basically 2 win 10 ISOs--home & pro.You need to get gatherostate from win 10 pro to run it on win 7 pro/ultimate or win 8.1 pro.gatherosstate from win 10 home can only be used successfully on win 7 home/win 8.1 core.I prefer using stable releases of win 10 which basically are 2 by now:nov TH1 update & Apr TH2 update.You can find other more updated releases too after Apr TH2 update release but since primary aim is to just get DE it doesn't matter even if a little older release build is used to collect gatherosstate.

P.S. use gatherosstate from 64bit versions even if original win 7/8.1 is 32 bit to get DE for 64 bit on that system.I have read here about someone who did it in reverse.i.e.run gatherosstate from 32bit win 10 to run on a genuine 64 bit win 7 to get DE for 32 bit win 10.Still confirm it from experienced members here.

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The gatherosstate from pro = home (multiple editions iso's contain both, home and pro).

Yesterday i used the x86 gatherosstate of the 14393 iso to create the ticket and clean installed a x64 win 10, used the ticket on it and it got a digital license. The x64 version will most likely not run on a x86 system, so just use the one with the correct architecture (x86 on a running x86 system and x64 on a running x64 system).

15. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Thanks on the Pro = Home
    I got the x86 vs x64

Does it matter if I use this EXE from a newer MCT ISO or has to be older ones? How old is the 14393 - I have an ISO from August.

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Today still being july (and rs1 is not publicly released and the offer still is on), so the 10586 gatherosstate still will work. Most likely the 10240 gatherosstate will also still work.

17. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Thanks. Yes. I was confused as the Method said to use 10240 only and not 10240 or LATER. So I spent an hour looking for it and couldnt find any so used my August MCT ISO.

PS:
    Now, one question to add to this.. How can I do the same on a small Win 8.1 Bing Tablet with 32GB space.
    I'm thinking of putting a small Native boot VHD on the SD card to boot. Maybe minimize the size of the Win 10 VHD.
    I thought I could do it via USB drive but it just wont show.

Any thoughts/ ideas welcome.

18. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    #20 crashnburn, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    (OP)
    Bat.1 - Thanks a lot for the support. Actually in Yen's post mention of 10240 ONLY made me search for it 1 hr. Finally I used .exe from MCT ISO from Aug '15.
    In continuation to our discussion last night would love your wisdom on the Win7 + Daz steps marked in blue below.

Status update - This is what I did last night:
    - gatherosstate.exe was run from Legit Win 7/8 OEM on Dell Machines. GT's are still saved on their HDDs
    - SSD: Win 8.1 + KMS (easily portable) - Using as base to Store VHDs & Manage their booting/ BCD by EasyBCD & BCDBoot.exe
    - Used Master Win 10 VHDs on SSD: Fast Native boot; Make fresh copy from Master VHD for each machine before GT insertion & activation
    - I think we cant remove GT once embed/ import by Win 10 on VHD - So fresh VHD copy; quick & nice.

PS: I did use the network for many machines and booted the VHDs from their HDD. Good, but slow. SSD better.

So far I have not even tried the Win 7 + Daz thing for some of the XP machines - Tonight/ Tomorrow.

Please share some of your thoughts on following for Win 7 + Daz:
    Tonight/ tomorrow:

- Win 7 Ult VHDs did not boot well from SSD for some reason: \Winload.exe issues
    - Will try make fresh one tonight & try but maybe...

- As alternative: Thinking to make a partition on SSD for Win 7 Ult boot (No need to touch XP HDD on PC)
    > Could I boot the same Win 7 partition on my SSD
    > Enable Daz > Get Ticket > Disable Daz
    > Next machine.. Fresh GT (some way to ensure Daz doesnot give GatheOSState.exe same GT on each m/c)
    > How.. ??

Or will I have to Reimage the Win 7 partition before each machine?

So far its been all Win 10 Pro's but might have to go with Win 10 Home/ Single Lang for some Win 8.1 Bing 32 GB tiny tablets - Geeze.. No space on them. Thoughts WStar _ Enthu?