Unable to load windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by karma001, May 22, 2010.

1. karma001

karma001 MDL Novice

May 22, 2010
    Hello,

Here's the problem, hope someone can help me.

I've recently upgraded my computer. I now have two HD, one with XP installed on it, and one with win7.

I've meant to format my old HD (250G) using the XP boot cd (dont ask me why - ive formatted the partition and created a new one). I did that so i am not prompted anymore to chose which OS to load.

But now, my newest HD (WD 1000G) wont load win7 anymore.

I've tried to go and repair it, but it doesn't work. i've tried to go into command prompt and write "bootsect /nt60 ALL". but it wont work with my newest hd, it only changes the old's one configuration. I could post the exact message if it helps u.

Any comments on my situation? Should i just reinstall win7?

Thanks!

BTW: my probleme is very similar to this one:

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/14033-Unable-to-boot-windows-7

2. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Never install a older OS after you have installed a newer OS. If you want dualboot, first install XP, then Windows 7.

The next tip is to use repair mode from the Win7 DVD, but you have done that, and you still have problems...so a reinstall maybe your solution.

3. karma001

karma001 MDL Novice

May 22, 2010
    Thanks,

I've reinstalled the window 7.

I gotta get rid of the window.old now. You know of any good program to do so?

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Why not press delete on the folder windows.old? It's no problem. Maybye you have to be Administrator, but there is no problem just delete the folder.

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    People have had problems just deleting it. As did they using unlocker. The MS directions on the net are to simply use disk clean up and it works fine:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...