Unable to run windows

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Veder, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Hey All

So my girls lappy was getting really slow I thought it was maleware or something so I tried to clean it made it faster but still very slow to load apps or even open folder and copying.

SO I said I would try a fresh install with the acer drive back up this froze on me and timed out.

I burned windows disk cleared the drives and started a fresh install it loaded up normally but when it got to Copying files for windows the first installation step again it stays on 0%

Now there no media on the hard drive and I cant boot up anything

ANy ideas how to trouble shoot this starting to think it may be a hard drive problem so if any one has ideas for me to verify hard drive faults let me know

Thanks again trying to sort this asap as she uses it for collage and murphys law the week she is back it breaks lol

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Take the hard drive out and put it into one of your systems. Next attempt to install Windows 7 to it. If it fails then you know the hard drives dead, but if it works then power off the system after the first reboot and put it back into her laptop. It'll then continue with the rest of the Windows installation :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    also do a memory test on the non workign pc. memtest has a bootable iso

4. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    This may not be a direct source of your problem but your CMOS battery may be dead or dieing

5. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    this was happening to my friend,it would stay on 0%,so i tried it,when it came to where do i want to install it i noticed he had 1hd but multiple partitions on it,so i deleted and formatted them all to make just one partition,then picked that,all went well.