unable to run

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by azrul, Feb 2, 2009.

1. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    for the past few days i have been downloading metal gear solid for pc using ares program.bit by bit i wait for the bite downloading.finally its finish today and how exited i am to play my fave games on pc.but,when i run it,a command windows appear for a sec n then gone.and thats it.try it again,same things happen.what a waste of time n electricity bills.
    still keeping the program just in case somebody can help me.

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Compatibility Mode

Don't know exactly what you've DLed but you might try running it in Compatibility Mode. Right-click the shortcut icon (or the *.exe file) and try Win98.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    ??

do u mean shortcut icon is the program icon?right click it?but there is no run with win98,only open,run.scan,send.delete and the usual stuff.

4. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Oops!

Sorry Azrul,

Right-click either the program's shortcut icon (which points to the program's *.exe target) or the target itself (in the directory where you loaded the prog). THEN, click on PROPERTIES>COMPATIBILITY tab. The first box in the compatibility tab is labeled Compatibility Mode. Put a check in the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" then select Win98 from the drop-down menu. You will note that the next box allows you to adjust display settings. (Many Win98 era progs were fixed at 256 colors)

That's it.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    thanks monk,but no can do.

try it but no different,same command windows pop up then dissapear.
    maybe the program itself is a total waste of time.thanks anyway.