Unable to tag mp3/jpg/mp4 files in Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by generalsu, Mar 17, 2014.

1. generalsu

generalsu MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
  2. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Well it works for me. Just checked. Are you using N edition?

3. generalsu

Jul 30, 2009
    #4 generalsu, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    (OP)
    Are you editing from library or search view? I am NOT using any N editions.

4. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Foobar .............. ? :D

Regards

5. generalsu

Jul 30, 2009
    And your point is?

6. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Many third party free appz that do a much better job. Google is your friend you should learn them.

Masstagger and renaming in foobar for flac etc. is so far beyond M$ that you should give it a try. The extensive alternate options and the simple workarounds to your problem is most likely why M$ doesn't think you need it anymore.

Regards

7. bonyjose

bonyjose MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    use mp3tag to tag mp3 files,it's a free and easy way to tag mp3 files,you can tag bulk data using this software..

8. eydee

eydee Guest

You probably installed a 3rd party property handler through a codec pack. I know k-lite has one, though it should be able to handle mp3's. However, bugs happen... Use winamp, it even has an auto-tag feature.

9. generalsu

Jul 30, 2009
    Why should I use a 3rd party app, when Windows 8 provided that option perfectly? This sort of trivial feature should be fixed and built in as part of Windows 8.1. There's a reason why Windows 8.1 includes the ability to read ISO image files and burn them directly to DVDs.

And believe me, I know how to use Google even better than you.

10. generalsu

Jul 30, 2009
    To use a 3rd party app for such trivial operation is pathetic. Windows 8 provided tagging for not only mp3s, but also jpg and mp4. You can also bulk tag files using the native Windows tagging feature. So what's your point?

11. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    You are a bit confrontational for someone that asked for help, if you do not take constructive comments why post at all? One must assume your bit perfect flac thru foobars to your a/v prepro is also trivial compared to others. One can tell because you are trying to tag mp3 trivial lossy crap. Tried to help but stay with your windows media player .... enjoy.

12. generalsu

Jul 30, 2009
    I could say the same thing about you, being confrontational. I wasn't asking for a solution that involved 3rd party apps. If I wanted that, I would not have posted here, and do a google. Windows Media Player? This proves you didn't read my OP properly. Why bother replying at all?

13. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    IMG_2999.jpg

I use M$ win 8.1 pro N update 2014 and xlr out of the Asus Xonar Essence One muse to a avm-50v, bitperfect 44.1 stereo, I have 5.1 but my tunes are 2.1. You don't see the 144#'s of .1. I use foobar (JRivers for the ones that think speaker wire matters, pull the woof and see what wire is in there). I am a bit weird about my machine and sound and was not trying to be confrontational in anyway and sorry for pushing buttons.

Photo by part M$ snipping tool, it is nice it is incorporated in the OS like a/v, but we had workarounds a long long time before. U wanta edit photos photoshop, tune tags foobar.

Regards

14. generalsu

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks for clearing that up. You are again misunderstanding me. Tagging is entirely different from Screenshot and snipping tool. Tagging has been around since Windows 7 (Maybe Windows Vista) and it aids in the search functionality. In Windows 8.1, the tagging functionality is gone. You see the point why I despise using 3rd party apps for tagging? I hope you get my point this time.