Unable to turn on Wifi Radio

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by crash-cyberdrive, Jul 8, 2012.

1. crash-cyberdrive

crash-cyberdrive MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2012
    After successful BIOS modding of a HP G62-227CL I was able to install a RTL8188CE, but I have a small situation here Windows 7 installed it perfectly but it will not turn on wifi radio; if I place the old card it turns on. (but does not connect due to internal problems the reason for replacing the card.)

I have tried a couple wifi managers but all they do is enable or disable the card and not the radio.
    Any clues as how to enable this card.

BTW already tried Fn+F12

Thanks in advance.

2. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. crash-cyberdrive

Jun 30, 2012
    I had uninstalled the HPWA but reinstalled. Under Installed wireless devices there are no cards. Any good software that has some basic function that is able to start the the WIFI radio?

4. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    I no you have tried FN+F12.
    Please can you try Ctrl+F12 to see if this enables your wlan adaptor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    tape pin 20 of the wireless card worked for me today on a dv7 version F.46 whitelist removed bios by camiloml

6. crash-cyberdrive

Jun 30, 2012
    Thanks LatinMCG Tried it today and worked perfectly no on/off control but I really never turn wifi off.
    I will include a picture of PIN-20 just for reference so others know.
    pin20.2.jpg

7. billbab

billbab MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    I had the same problem. mine did not turn on until I found the right driver for your operation system that fits you hardware. you may have to try a few of them

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    some toshibas need value add package or toshiba acpi driver for the Fn+F# to turn on wifi.