Unattend.xml says enabled false?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by compstuff, Jul 9, 2013.

1. compstuff

compstuff MDL Senior Member

Jan 16, 2011
    I have re-created my Unattend.xml numerous times but it always shows me Enabled False for Internet Explorer settings... is that normal?
    false.JPG

2. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I just checked the SIM for the same thing, and mine is set to Enable.

When you use the unattended.xml does it apply the settings or not?

3. compstuff

Jan 16, 2011
    Thanks for the reply... I am running some tests today because I also had a reg file that I was using which had some of the same settings so I'm not sure where my integrated changes were coming from but my initial thought is no the xml isn't working. I just created a new xml with a few more settings and I deleted the reg entry so I will report back in a few hrs. Thanks

4. compstuff

Jan 16, 2011
    Hers an update... I haven't run an install yet... will do it today but what I did find in further testing is that if I create my xml using my untouched wim image then IE8 is shown and pass 4 says enabled true. If I create an XML with my integrated WIM that has IE10, then it shows enabled false

5. compstuff

Jan 16, 2011
    Ok I ran some new tests and one is running now as I write this... yes the XML seems to work but not all the settings are working so I'm checking to see if their are known problems, deprecated settings or other similar reports. I don't understand the "enabled false" thing at all.