Unbranded PC Loader/SLIC

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lostpassword, Dec 20, 2009.

1. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I am getting an unbranded PC supplied without an OS. I have used the BIOS mod without problem on a branded PC that was shown on the screen.

For an unbranded PC can I use a loader or BIOS mod. Does it matter what brand is chosen?

I found one reference to a BIOS mod saying no SLIC2.1 for unbranded and then select 32 or 64 bit.

Any advice (in simple terms) would be gratefully received.

2. infrablack

infrablack MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    you can safely use a loader. it doesnt matter what brand is chosen.
    if you want to mod your bios, you can choose any brand you want.
    then you have to Install a certificate that matches the SLIC's brand of your new BIOS and an OEM:SLP key after installing windows 7

=)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks

Thanks for prompt and helpful reply. I was not 100% certain that I could use any brand and could not find any reference to using loaders/SLIC mods on unbranded PCS.

4. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    You Can Slap on whatever brand you wish on an unbranded pc thru bios mods and registry edits.... after you slap on the brand you want you can test it with an oem software specifically for that brand and it will pass the branding test.. so with an unbranded pc you can have HP today and Acer tommorow and not have any problems.. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...