Uncertainty about download link for Win10 - License purchased over Amazon.es

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by K3nshiro, Mar 8, 2017.

1. K3nshiro

K3nshiro MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011
    Hi all,
    I'll try to be brief and precise...
    So my wife purchased in October '15 a laptop that came with Win8 pre-installed. We didn't like the looks, OS was wiped out and Win7 replaced it. I had to use the "Diskpart" commando and convert to MBR. However, it suffers from random reboots and not all drivers were available at that point in time.

I want to give it again a try, now with Win10, since I've seen it working and I like it much better than Win8.
    I purchased a license through Amazon.es for Win10 Pro 32/64 bits Multilanguage for an unbeatable price of 10 EUR.
    Now what I'm missing is an official ISO for a Win 10 Pro fresh install, I'm not upgrading...

From which link should I download it?
    - Official MS (Through their official Win10 page with the Tool)
    - Jan Krohn's ISO Downloader (can't post link...)
    - Any other suggestion ? I'm confused with the Repository, Hotfix links in the "Sticky" section.

I also understand, that I won't need to use this command when installing with ISO burned on DVD:

"At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
    LIST DISK
    SEL DIS 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
    CLEAN
    CONVERT MBR
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
    FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
    ACTIVE
    EXIT
    EXIT"

As described in here :
    There is an option button when you get this message that just says "delete". Click this button and the MBR partition will be deleted. After this the "New" button will turn black. Click on this and the installation program will create a GPT partition where the MBR was and you can now format that partition using the "format" button. After this you can now click "Next" and proceed normally with the rest of the install.

I tried to be brief...
    Any hint or suggestion is highly appreciated folks :)

Best regards,
    Ken

2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Adguard link gives an 404 error could be on my side

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. K3nshiro

K3nshiro MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011
    @LostED
    Thanks mate, inside there is Jan Krohn's ISO Downloader link, I'll take that one. Good for fresh install, correct ?
    Cheers

5. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    dont forget to verify checksum after ddl

6. K3nshiro

K3nshiro MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011

Thank you for the reminder,
    I will - looking forward to install it :)
    Cheers,
    Ken

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #7 lobo11, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  8. pvdven777

pvdven777 MDL Member

Jul 4, 2010
    "I purchased a license through Amazon.es for Win10 Pro 32/64 bits Multilanguage for an unbeatable price of 10 EUR."

:eek: I should say the €0 (free) legal upgrade directly from Microsoft would beat that €10 license.
    And I find it very odd that one should need to resort to the likes of MDL to work out where to get your legally bought product. As I recall, last time I bought digital purchases it came with a download link and/or instruction. Is this normal at Amazon ?

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    fresh install in efi mode and dont forget to convert to gpt

10. daveo76

daveo76 MDL Expert

Nov 9, 2009
    You didn't need to buy a Windows 10 license as Windows 8/8.1/10 PC's come with builtin key and Microsoft offers free upgrade for Windows 7/8/8.1 users.

11. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #11 lobo11, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  12. K3nshiro

K3nshiro MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011
    #12 K3nshiro, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    (OP)
    You had lot of questions yesterday, sorry for not having answered earlier... :)

The laptop came with win 8.1 pre-installed.
    I wiped out everything, not a single recovery partition was available after doing it - currently there's one partition for the OS and another one for data only.

I do have though the Recovery DVD's that I created on the HP laptop, this is in fact the first thing I did before even configuring it. After that I converted HDD to MBR and installed Win7 with Daz Loader. Of course, I could install the recovery DVD's to have Win8 and from there try to upgrade to Win10 - but I just think it's a waste of time, if I'm going to install Win10 nevertheless. Also, I thought that the free upgrade period to Win10 is already over, or ?

@lobo11
    I bought it through Amazon.es (I live in Spain), since I can't post links, go to AmazonDOTes and type: Windows 10, it's the first result:

WINDOWS 10 PRO 32/64 BITS KEY/CLAVE LICENCIA 100% GENUINA WIN 10 MULTILENGUAJE

I don't think that this is infringing any sort of Intellectual Property, Amazon would have already implemented some sort of report. This is not ComputerFix, it has nothing to do with them.

I already have the license, sent through e-mail, I just want to perform a fresh-install and forget about it :) If a new OS is coming, then I hopefully will be able to upgrade from there.

Cheers,
    Ken

13. K3nshiro

K3nshiro MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011
    But isn't the free upgrade period over ? Anyway...it's done :)

14. K3nshiro

K3nshiro MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011
    Thanks, I'll check EFI in Bios, another thing that worries me is the gpt...
    I could read in another forum the following :
    "There is an option button when you get this message that just says "delete". Click this button and the MBR partition will be deleted. After this the "New" button will turn black. Click on this and the installation program will create a GPT partition where the MBR was and you can now format that partition using the "format" button. After this you can now click "Next" and proceed normally with the rest of the install."

Can I trust this or do I need to perform the "Diskpart" command describe in the "Spoiler" part of my first post ?

Cheers

15. pvdven777

pvdven777 MDL Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Officially it is over, but reports (and personal experience) up until now show that the free upgrade can still be done.

Having said that : Respect to you for getting a license :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. K3nshiro

K3nshiro MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011
    Aww man...you guys make it sound like I'm a complete noob now...hehe :weep: I spend daily more on food than I did for this license :D

17. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    All you need to upgrade is the key code, you do not have to wait on any disk, in fact we have a new OS Redstone2 Creators Update (Win 10) coming out in 3 or 4 Weeks, you can download it here or through Windows Update, good luck. :p

18. K3nshiro

K3nshiro MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011
    Looks promising, I just had a look at windowscentral :) Thank you for all the information.
    Cheers

19. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Officially nothing is over, they just stopped promoting/nagging about it on old windows editions, last summer.

20. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    I think that was because of the court order, but not sure.
    I think I read about it someplace.