[Under construction] Nit - A Windows Image Tweaker based on DismCore

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Mouri_Naruto, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Mouri_Naruto

Mouri_Naruto MDL Senior Member

Jul 10, 2014
    #1 Mouri_Naruto, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. DukiSync

DukiSync MDL Junior Member

May 12, 2010
    Full support, I can't wait for the first version of the app to appear!

3. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2013
    DismCore++ sounds better imho. (a logical suite for Dism++)
    Just a suggestion. Your program, your decision!
    Thanks for everything btw!

4. Mouri_Naruto

Jul 10, 2014
    "DismCore++" is a candidate name of this project. But I don't use that because I don't want to relate this project with DismCore only.

Nit will cross platform if I have free time in the future.
    (For example, it may not only a dismcore frontend for Windows, but also a apt/yum/pacman frontend for Linux.)

I may create my patron account in the future. If I can earn money from donation, and it's enough for me to live comfortablely, it will be my full-time job.

Mouri

5. Mouri_Naruto

Jul 10, 2014
    Something about Nit

Reference
    Status
    • mingkuang told me he don't think using DismCore interface is a good choice because of the unstable interface ABI. (mingkuang found that Microsoft had changed the DismCore old interface in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. He told me CBS interface ABI is very stable to use. I can understand that because I know Microsoft need to support old version of Windows, so the servicing stack interface ABI need to be stable. I also discovered the downlevel CSI or WCP interfaces, but it has an unstable interface ABI.) So Nit still has lots of things to do.
    • If I have free time, I will rewriting the implementation of CompactOS in Dism++ and move them to NCleaner.dll. But I will implement them in Nit first and make it open source. NCleaner.dll will also be rewritten and implemented in Nit first.
    Kenji Mouri