undo "instexnt install"

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by cbbella, Mar 2, 2009.

1. cbbella

cbbella MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2009
    hi, i have a friends pc that had WGA acvtivation popups so i downloaded a torrent with these files attached:

1.reg
    Autoexnt.bat
    Autoexnt.exe
    Instexnt.exe
    Servmess.dll

then i followed these instructions that came with the torrent:

Windows Xp Genuine Forever

1.copy the files in "system32" that included with this file to your \windows\system32 folder.
    2.Now click ---> start ----> run and type "instexnt install" .

3.From Now To Forever Your Windows Xp Copy Will Be Genuine .

4.restart your computer or add the registry file "1.reg" to your registry .

** You can use the file "Wga.exe" to clear Microsoft Notifications.

when the pc restarted i got to the logon screen and logged on but then it came back with this message:

windows product activation.
    a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. error code: 0x80004005.

it then takes me back to the logon screen. i cannot get into the pc at all now. is it possible to undo the changes these files made if i put the hard drive into my own pc as a slave drive and then edit the files somehow. i don't have the XP disc for this pc, also it has loads of files and pictures on it so i don't really want to do a clean install

ps. i have used these files on two other pc's and had no problems

this is my 1st post and great forum by the way

2. cbbella

cbbella MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2009
    thanks for the reply but i've already been there. i only have a slipstreamed xp disc with sp2 and cannot get to the recovery console and if i could would i be able to use the files from another xp install disk

3. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    This fix was more than likely meant for a VLK Windows install and your Windows version may have been different (Home, Pro, Media Center, etc). If you force a registry key swap Windows doesnt have the opportunity to warn you that the key was incorrect for your version of Windows and when you try to boot you will get that message.

You might be able to get back where you started by using the F8 key method to load "Last Known Configuration" If this doesnt work, you may need to do a repair install with the original media that came with the system.

4. cbbella

cbbella MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2009
    can't get into it in safe mode and don't have original install disk. it looks like i'll have put it in my pc as a slave drive and copy all pictures and music etc to my pc then transfer them after i've done a clean install. thanks for your input