Uneditable Insyde Bios not H2O (Maybe MobilePro?)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by PedroDaGr8, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PedroDaGr8

PedroDaGr8 MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    #1 PedroDaGr8, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    I have an older Toshiba laptop A105-S361 which I can't seem to mod using the tool it says not a Dell/Pheonix/Insyde bios. It uses and Insyde bios. Is this laptop just too old mod to Slic2.1?

The bios is located here. It says the BIOSes 1.80 and later can be used with Vista the ones before that cannot. The BIOS linked is version 2.0.

I can include an RWEverything report if necessary but don't have access to it right now as it is the wifes laptop.

None of the tools I found work on it. eZH2O won't open it, AndyP's slic tool won't touch it.

I saw a reference on the Insyde site to an Insyde MobilePro Bioses. I can see various parts of the bios in hex editor and the RW everything report shows different files.

2. PedroDaGr8

PedroDaGr8 MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    #2 PedroDaGr8, Feb 20, 2011
    (OP)
    Well here is a link to the RW Everything report.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=88OQXPW1

and a link to the actual installer hidden within the toshiba installer
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2Q49JIT

Very odd. I notice there are two files in the Insyde installer. They are called fdbase.img and then the ROM file. I wonder if the installer somehow generates a resulting fd file which it then flashes.

EDIT: supposedly fdbase.img is the bootable floppy image.

3. PedroDaGr8

PedroDaGr8 MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    #3 PedroDaGr8, Feb 20, 2011
    (OP)
    I changed the name of this thread in hopes of getting some more help. When opening the files in a hex editor, I see large sections of stuff filled with FF's or 00's. Hopefully someone here more knowledgeable than I can make a bit of sense of this.
    I saw on one site that the files are compressed with RLE compression but need tools from Insyde to recompress? I am really confused by all of this. I know I did see RSDT mentioned as well as TOSINV (which I know is one of the SLIC names but I don't see any slic reference in the file).