Unhide Defender icon with bat or reg file

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by GaGiLu, Dec 27, 2020.

1. GaGiLu

GaGiLu MDL Junior Member

May 4, 2017
    Is it possible to unhide the Defender icon with a cmd bat or reg file ?
    Beside by unhide it manually in the taskbar settings.
    I only found solutions for unhide all icons by script but not only that specific one.
    It's for latest Windows 10.

[​IMG]

2. yes you can hide system security systray icon plus disable defender completely to use third party av's.

command to hide systray icon :
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Systray" /v "HideSystray" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

or

completly disable defender to use thrid party av :
    Win10 Tweaking Scripts Disable Defender Permanently

or

if you just want all icons to be visible in taskbar then go to settings - personalization - taskbar -turn system icons on or off.

3. GaGiLu

GaGiLu MDL Junior Member

May 4, 2017
    #3 GaGiLu, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    (OP)
    What I'm looking for is to just display the Defender icon in the system tray, how it is displayed in the picture, like a bat or reg file that move the icon from the actually position down next to the internet symbol.
    I know this can be done manually in the settings, but I asked me if there is a way through a bat or reg file.

Doing this step to turn on defender icon with a bat or reg file [​IMG]

4. download regfromapp from nirsoft domain start it & select explorer . do your changes then go to reg from app then save as .reg . there you are you have all changes saved in your reg file.

5. you can easily convert that reg file to bat using sordum reg convertor . there you are hence i think your query is answered correctly.