Uninstall Certificate question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ShortOnMyDo, Oct 1, 2009.

1. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi There

Say if i wanted to install a BIOS upgrade like from 1304 to 1403 :)D Yep! Asus) Do i have to lose the certificate and key and reinstall both on the new BIOS?

Just a question :):cool:

2. Technoboots

Technoboots MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    Provided the new BIOS has the same SLIC as the first you shouldn't have to change anything. I've done this before with no problems.

3. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I flashed my bios with a hp slic 2.1 first and used a hp certificate. Last week i flashed it with alienware slic 2.1 and forgot to insert a license in windows 7. When i checked the status of my windows it whas still activated. I don't know how or why it didnt deactivate.

4. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks people!
    Sorry for my late answer but you know, in early, up early, late home, shower and knocking this answer on my keyboard!:):):D:cool:

5. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    you never need to uninstall a cert or a key if you change your SLIC or version.

slmgr.vbs -ilc will install or reinstall a cert no need to remove

slmgr.vbs -ipk will install or reinstall a product key on your system no need to remove.

You cause more harm than good when you use the -rilc command and the -upk commands.

6. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    In this case, there should have been the need to replace the hp certificate with one from alienware. No need to replace the key, as there was no change in win7 edition. But the real question is, why did the win7 installation stayed as activated, considering the mismatch of slic and certificate, after the bios was reflashed? :confused::confused::confused:

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I know about the replace of certificate, and i don't know why it kept activated.