Uninstalling August patch?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by kitsigns, Aug 21, 2014.

1. kitsigns

kitsigns MDL Junior Member

Oct 31, 2012
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. kitsigns

Oct 31, 2012
    Thanks, that certainly makes the uninstall easier. But I still want to know if this is the usual procedure. Does Microsoft leave it to users to always be on the lookout for bad updates, and fix the problems themselves? It's luck that I know about this one. If I hadn't found out it, would Microsoft have released an automatic fix through Windows Update, or would I have just been left with 6 permanently corrupted Windows installs?

4. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    It's not like that something like this would happen all the time.

:)

5. kitsigns

Oct 31, 2012
    #5 kitsigns, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    (OP)
    I know, but the frequency of bad updates doesn't bother me. I want to know how Microsoft deals with its blunders, so that I know how to deal with updates in future. And anyway, if Microsoft expect users to fix their mistakes, as it has been implied so far, it wouldn't matter whether this happened once a month or once a year. I would have to watch out for bad updates once a month, every month, to make sure there wasn't a bad update. Seems unintuitive that I, an average home PC user, would be expected to have to do this stuff myself, especially when "automatic download and install" is the recommended setting for Windows Update.

I should add, I know this is a user-to-user forum, so I'm not getting worked up by myself. I just want to know what to expect in future.