Uninstalling Programs

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SightUp, Feb 25, 2011.

1. SightUp

SightUp MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    When one uninstalls a program, sometimes stuff is left over. I just uninstalled Office 2007 and updated to 2010. The stuff left over from the 2007 version, would that have been written over by 2010? Or would it make new entries in the registry.

2. redstone

redstone MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    I use Revo Unintaller free version then ccleaner to try and find anything Revo rarely misses.

3. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
  4. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    I had some bad experiences with Revo few months ago o_O

I installed it in an attempt to help me remove Replay Media Catcher (which proved a pain to uninstall). Not only it didn't make it, but afterwards I was also unable to remove Revo as well :mad:

Surely, I don't think its that bad; it was probably just me been unlucky or the fact that this happened on a Vista installation ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    I use Revo Uninstaller (Full version) since quite a long time and it is ok with me. No issue so far :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leojohnpc

leojohnpc MDL Junior Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Revo Uninstaller

Revo Uninstaller is the best uninstaller :cool:

7. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I use the Windows uninstaller and then scrub the registry with Ccleaner. Leftover folders get deleted before scrubbing the registry. I don't like to combine operations; separate tools afford me more control.