Universal MediaCreationTool wrapper script - create Windows 11 media with automatic bypass

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by AveYo, Sep 25, 2021.

1. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #1 AveYo, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #2 AveYo, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    (OP)
    You can use MediaCreationTool.bat above to upgrade or create iso or usb with built-in TPM bypass,
    or you can use stand-alone scripts to bypass TPM on your already downloaded / made iso or usb, or even bypass TPM on windows update (for upgrade to 11 beta / dev after using OfflineInsiderEnroll or alternatives)

edit: removed scattered code and instead linked the dedicated bypass thread

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @BAU wow very good job you are the dude thanks for share:tankyou:

4. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    22000.194 official ISO ?

5. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    no it creates
    upload_2021-9-25_16-54-53.png

6. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
  7. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    But not here. Nope. Because... reasons.

8. BigReds

BigReds MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2015
    Thank you :) The script works great!!
    It created the Windows 11 ISO with the win10 setup and bypass patches nicely.
    It first installed it in Virtualbox for testing and it installed fine with local account fully updated with version (22000.194)
    I then added the .VHD file to my Windows 10 Boot Manager and it seems to be running good with all drivers installed and activated on my system.
    I built my system in 2014 it's a Corei7 3770, H77 gigabyte motherboard, 16gig ram with secureboot off and no TPM module installed.
    Of course I'll be testing it out for sometime before migrating fully to Win11, Thanks again this script saved a lot of aggravation :)

9. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    very nice BAU :)

can this script create an AIO (all-in-one) Win11 ISO?
    I like to have multiple editions of Win11 in one ISO image

not yet, zucrin. wait til Tue. 10/5 for public release

10. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    No, it does not do AiO's. At most, you can do x86+x64 selecting in MCT architecture Both, but that's limited vs what the established, specialized scripts like esd2iso do
    I rather install education no matter what, and only after (after importing tweaks to turn s**t off) switch product key as needed, so I personally don't value multiple editions on single media that much. It has saved me a lot of grievance in the windows 10 era with the s**tty candy crush auto downloading even on enterprise and the telemetry points active from the get-go.. but that's just me.
    Anyway, AiO was never a goal, so it's not the right tool to achieve that (tho many have used the script to prepare the individual targets for other scripts, instead of just downloading specific esd)

Script is most useful for doing live installs, specially on potato pc's / potato internet. By comparison, uup conversion usually "kills" low end hardware, and downloading via aria often times out and/or corrupts files, while mct can go on and on for days. It can be quite fast on powerful hardware as well. MCT is also the recommended way to create a bootable windows usb, at least the first time (afterwards can just replace files).
    Convenience wise - it's damn convenient - specially the part about automatically version lie in the registry to match the install so that files and apps can be kept when normally microsoft soft-blocks that upgrade path (i.e. proN to enterprise). It's also simple to force a certain edition to in-place/upgrade to, different than the installed/autodetected one, by just renaming the script to include the name of the target edition. Add iso as well, and you have one created next to the script without further input, fully automated.
    And my personal favorite feature is picking up $OEM$ folder (all sorts of stuff can be tweaked via that, or having no-frills auto-activation and other tools) as well as the auto.cmd for no fuss upgrades on other machines. With 11, I really raised my own bar a bit in order to have a smooth transition requiring no extra actions from the user

11. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    its him. jump me now either ;)

12. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    That's great, I too appreciate such technical review. I would have talked more about it if it were any interest at "home" 10 days ago, instead I've lost all enthusiasm and was almost not going to release my stupid "fork" of a perfectly working tool.

13. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I tried installing win 11 on one of my main PC's (do you recommend doing it on one of my main pc's ?. I have an image of win 10 on an external HD and I have a restore point as well). I keep on getting the following error msg: cant install this CPU. I have i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz.

The question I have is if i run the "skip TPM Check batch file", will that fix the above error? If yes, do I then run the "mediacreationtool.bat" ? If yes, to that do I just use the option of "create usb" ? If yes to that, can I use the usb flash drive to update to win 11 ok? I dont want to do a fresh install. Plz let me know the answers to these questions.

14. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    the standalone skip tpm check batch file is meant for getting insider builds (after being enrolled officially / via registry hack / convenient OfflineInsiderEnroll script)
    as well as for running 11 setup (mounted iso / usb) from within windows without worrying about disconnecting network or toggling off dynamic update, so yes, it should fix it

if you get 11 setup files via the mediacreationtool.bat, then the workaround is built-in.
    the most convenient way is to simply select 11, then Auto Setup.
    you can also create an usb / iso, and then run that setup from under windows. (it should also contain auto.cmd that will do the same thing as the Auto Setup preset i.e. add troubleshooting options to make sure upgrade is successful, as well as fixing upgrade paths so that files and apps can be kept even in scenarios microsoft does not support)

15. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Thx for all your hard work on the script. It is greatly appreciated by me and many others. :). The scripts state we wont be able to get updates with win 11. Will there be some other method for getting updates once they are created / needed?.

Thx

16. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Where does it state that? Of course you get updates just fine, don't believe the tech-impaired or the fearmongers.
    Microsoft are not crazy to cause themselves a big chunk of systems to remain unpatched.
    Behind the double-talk, the limitation is actually about upcoming feature upgrades. (none before half of 2022).
    And as shown, the standalone script addresses that atm (already went trough 2 dev builds via windows update just fine, on a 3770K)

Updated to hopefully address localization / broken wmi issues, so more people will be able to force Microsoft hand and get Windows 11 tomorrow ;)

17. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I mad a mistake by saying script. My apologies. I meant where it says do you accept this info or whatever it says. That is good to know it will be ok. TYVM BAU. :) Again, excellent work on the script. Much appreciation from me.

18. rpo

rpo MDL Expert

Jan 3, 2010
    @BAU
    I adopted your tool and upgrated 2 PC not supporting MS requirements; one PC is 10 years old with mbr disks. Worked like a charm.
    Your thread should be sticked.

19. rafaelupd

rafaelupd MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Nice job, man.

Thank you! Lets try here.