Unknow Hard Error Explorer.exe

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by masterofjedi, Dec 31, 2012.

1. masterofjedi

masterofjedi MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    Hi,

I did install a new Windows 8 Pro. I power on my computer and Windows give a error message on startup.

Ekran Alıntısı.jpg

Explorer.exe Error

Unknow Hard Error

What is this? Help me please.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Check event log for more description on error...

3. masterofjedi

masterofjedi MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    #3 masterofjedi, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    (OP)
    View attachment Report.rar I wish you want this file. :) AppCrash Report and different error C:\Windows\System32\twinui.dll with explorer.exe

opps Sorry :) I am rookie :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. e_sentinel

e_sentinel MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2009
    Your WER log contains a mixed languages that I couldn't understand even a bit, sorry. The following link might gives you a possible solution: h t t p://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprogeneral/thread/682f01dc-b14e-4bc6-98b8-5183ae871b35

5. kien_vip

kien_vip MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2012
    if u just backup registry. restore it can resolve problem

6. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    i'm getting the same error,only solution is to re-install,wtf???
    WsYw.jpg

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  8. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    @pisthai ,i left out that this is an HP oem PC with Win7 x64 and a recovery partition,when i installed win8 pro i left the recovery partition there,after win8 was done installing,the first thing that popped up was the hard disk error,i clicked ok,it was gone,then i tried going into explorer library folders,the error kept popping up,then i ran hdd generator from a usb stick and after testing,showed no errors.then i went to hp website to check for latest bios,i already had the latest bios installed,then i cleaned the memory(RAM) connector feet with a pencil rubber,same hard disk error,After all that,i decided to delete the HP recovery partition with diskpart,after reboot,no more hard disk error :thumbsup: it seems win8 was having conflicts wih hp partition

9. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Looks like it may be malware.

10. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010

nope.,no malware, deleted HP recovery partition,reformatted hard drive and re-installed win8 :)

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're right, the problem seems to be the Recovery Partition but all brands. On an Acer and an HP I had no problems with that, on an MSI and an Compaq I was need to delete the recovery Partition also to be able to get Windows 8 to work.

Maybe it's depend with what OS the Recovery Partition were created?!

12. ChiTownDale

ChiTownDale MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2013
    I have to disagree with that. I've been running Win8 for about 3 months now with "no problems" except my 5-6 times a day BSOD's. Then last night I started getting this particular message, am unable to download anything to try to fix the problem and generally my system acts like someone let off a hand grenade in my box. I haven't the faintest clue how to recover from this but will fool with the real memory since a number of those BSOD's were for page faults in non paging areas and other memory related problems. Even though the memory on my box is only 5-6 months old it is a brand that I haven't used beforet - Patriot. I have a couple of 4 GB sticks from my last build that are slower memory but I know they are good sticks since I ran them for a couple of years with not one memory related problem. Other problems that have apeared since yesterday are ones I've never seen before. IE 10 keeps blowing up every 5 minutes, virtually every other program I normally run is abending, etc. This all could be because memory has gone wacko because I can't think of anything else that could cause this much destruction. I run Norton for virus protection and Advanced System Care for maintaining my Registry, defragging and fixing hard drive problems, etc and they have both done well in the past. The other strange problem that is appearing is that Win8 wants to build an emergency paging file when there is no apparent problem with the regular paging file. Again that points to a real memory problem. I will let you all know what I find out when I swap out the new memory for the old. If that works I will try cleaning the new memory and flip-flopping where the sticks are mounted because sometimes a stick will mount better in one slot than another since depite manufacturers trying to make slots and sticks identical it doesn't always work out that way.