Unlock hidden efi options in bds module

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Godvin, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Godvin

Godvin MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2018
    #1 Godvin, Aug 21, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    www tonymacx86 com/attachments/p5we0121_vbios_2158-2-zip.71854/
    I have a Acer Aspire 5755G. I am using an unlocked bios which unlocks power, advanced and uefi options whose link is linked above(sorry cant post links).The original bios did not have uefi boot feature. But there is no option to change efi boot order or add a new efi file. I extracted the bios using Phoenix tool and i found that there are many options in the bds module which allows to change efi boot order and other options that is not appearing in my bios. Is there any way to unlock these ?
    I also have a problem when win 10 is installed in uefi mode, fast startup doesnt work properly. It wont boot the first time (no bootable device insert boot device and press any key). But when I restart the laptop it would boot properly. This problem does not arise when win 10 is installed in legacy bios mode.

2. gabiz_ro

gabiz_ro MDL Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I encountered similar problem on HP G62
    But
    All usb UEFI bootable devices was enumerated and presented on boot menu
    On hdd device only ... can’t remember right now.. only one was autodetected /efi/boot/bootmgfw.efi
    For others I need to add from efi shell
    Something like
    bcfg boot add boot “path to efi bootloader”

3. Godvin

Godvin MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2018
    How did you enter the efi shell ? Does the new boot entry stay permanent ?
    I want to install linux but it only boots windows in uefi mode

4. gabiz_ro

gabiz_ro MDL Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Efi shell requires module to be inserted into bios.
    Added boot entries stay until you reset to defaults.

Maybe your bios is not full unlocked and don’t have all required modules inserted.

You may still boot to efi shell if rename it to bootx64.efi and place it under efi boot folder on usb drive

5. Godvin

Godvin MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2018
    Sorry for the late reply. I installed Manjaro Linux in uefi mode and then when I rebooted it booted to Windows 10. There wasnt any any boot entry in boot menu. Then I used EasyUEFI to create a boot entry but after reboot it just got removed. Then I used efi shell as you said but efi shell did not boot from usb. I then found out that my bios is efi v1 so I booted efi shell v1 but it does not have the bcfg command. But I found a pathed v1 shell with bcfg command from arch linux wiki and booted it and added a new boot entry. But again it got removed after reboot. Only windows boot entry is there.

6. Godvin

Godvin MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2018
    I am not sure what you mean. There is no internal shell in the boot menu and the changes made from a efi shell booted from usb is getting resetted after reboot.