Unlock Vcore adjustments in a locked motherboard P5KPL-VM

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by donjeuw, Dec 31, 2010.

1. donjeuw

donjeuw MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    #1 donjeuw, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
    Hey guys,
    I have come to this forum because I'm stuck with a 40% overclocking on my e2180 because my motherboard, a P5KPL-VM, hasn't any Vcore adjustment features. I'm sure it can go much further.
    I have downloaded the latest bios revision 1003 which is located in asus support website and I put it in AMI tool v1.61, with a Slic 2.1 for Asus (.bin), but as it's the first time I try to mod a bios, I don't know what to look for in the advanced options of this software, I don't know if there is any chance to access to some hided Vcore features in this low range motherboard.
    Please tell me if I'm looking the right way or if I'm looking for something impossible.
    PS: sorry for my poor english.

EDIT: I modded my P5kpl-VM bios rev. 1003 with the Asus slic 2.1 provided in AMI Tool 1.61. I selected these options in the tool:
    Dynamic options:
    Remove lock - replace Fx module
    General options:
    Remove Intel lock
    (many options were already selected by default)
    My new bios works well, no bad suprises, but no good news either. I still don't have Vcore features in the bios, and I don't understand all of AMI tool's language.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. donjeuw

donjeuw MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    #2 donjeuw, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. donjeuw

donjeuw MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    #3 donjeuw, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
    (OP)
    Don't pay attention to the private message I sent you, I didn't have permissions to paste links so I sent you them by mail, these are the same bioses as above.

4. agax

agax MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2011
    Bios I modded:
    www sendspace.com/file/5qx4d9

I also noticed I didn't have any option to downgrade Ram frequency beyond their native frequency 667Mhz, such a shame. I took a look at the software you advised me, and I saw in Bios strings Vcore values and tokens attached to each value. I still don't know how to use them but it sounds promising![/QUOTE]

Files is down, can you upload it again?

Mihi