Unofficial Cumulative Windows XP Update (Final)

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by MrJayCobPL, Dec 19, 2018.

1. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    This was also XP Pro, until I manually installed that certificate I was unable to install any .NET 4 updates.

Your script installed everything without issue until it got to .NET4, everything after failed.

Is it possible that having the base .NET 4 package installed tricked your script into thinking that the certificate was already installed?

I installed .NET 4 myself earlier and discovered that I could not update it. I tried your script to install all updates (which works great BTW) and only got an error about the .NET4 updates.

2. MrJayCobPL

MrJayCobPL MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2018
    I don't think so. It just does what it has been programmed to, without verifying.

3. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    How do you handle the error when installing the script? When I did it manually it said something about being unable to verify the certificate and I had to confirm that I wanted to install it anyway.

4. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    @MrJayCobPL
    Thank You For This Cumulative Update 2019 Fina :D
    Anyway I Got 1 Good Question
    How To Intergrate This Cumulative Update Into Windows Xp ISO File?
    Thanks In Advance ;)

Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ever...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    ???

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    it is rather the other day I was searching and found this detail in the specialized website is a pity that I can not remember but would have posted ok

8. pammodnar

pammodnar MDL Novice

Dec 14, 2015
    Thank you so much, JayCob, for your great work. I reinstalled XP on my computer and with your update image, it is working very well.

9. MrJayCobPL

MrJayCobPL MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2018
    And the daylight has shed onto a Final Version of my cumulative update. Thank you so much for your interest in my project!

10. MrJayCobPL

MrJayCobPL MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2018
    That doesn't really make sense. You could as well get your Windows XP CD, integrate these updates into it, and save your time overall, because you'd have an up-to-date system out of the box. My main intention was to allow people, who don't have sufficent tech skills, or have a fresh copy of the system restored from the factory OEM media, update their computers completely with ease.

By the way, Happy New Year 2020!

11. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    Thanks for your thoughtful reply MrJayCobPL - and of course Happy New Year to You and Yours as well !!

I asked because I have an older box & a HDD that is empty, so it occurred to me that it might be possible to get all of this goodness in a single activity.

My daily driver (Linux) box has taken that one's place & has XP SP2 as a VM & I also use WINE to run some preferred apps from the XP days.
    There is nothing broken about the old box, just that it is empty right now, so I thought to re-use it.

Thanks Again !!

12. XiaoTong

XiaoTong MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2019
    I don't understand what happened. MrJayCobPL posted a copy of his unofficial updates on the MSFN.org forums and was apparently banned for warez?...None of the components mentioned are commercial softwares ._.

13. acacrni

acacrni MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2013
    @MrJayCobPL

Dzien dobry :) Dziekuje for great work. Just a little sugestion, I recently installed XP on some old system, and was suprised that cant access any website. Later I found out my certificates were old, and I need to update them or use Firefox. Maybe in next version you can add updated root certificates.

14. ExtremelyFancyUsername

Oct 17, 2018
    Welcome to forums related to software, enjoy your stay. :^)

@MrJayCobPL I suppose there are no plans on making packs in other languages besides English and Polish?

15. TesterMachineOS

TesterMachineOS MDL Senior Member

Apr 20, 2021
    I hope there is at least a Spanish version: '(because I want to try it but I can't because it is English and my iso Spanish :(

16. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Why not use OnePiece update packs as it comes in all languages :)

17. TesterMachineOS

TesterMachineOS MDL Senior Member

Apr 20, 2021
    I have already used the "One Piece update packs" but still I would like to have all the recent updates for winXP "OnePiece" only arrived in 2019 while that well-known service pack 4 arrived in 2020