Unofficial Dell Latitude D*00, D*10 driver pack resource

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Kouryu, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    #1 Kouryu, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    #2 Kouryu, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    (OP)
    The D600 uses the ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 video. There are no official Windows 7 drivers for it. The last official support was in Vista which was included with it, and no other Vista compatible drivers were available from ATI. These drivers are modified from Catalyst 6.4 and work perfectly in 7. Aero is not supported because they are really XP drivers, but besides that, the hardware can't support it. I tried Catalyst 6.5 drivers (last version to support Radeon 9000) in 7 but without the control center. It didn't work properly at all. During shutdown, a BSOD resulted. So in otherwords, the latest and only drivers that will work is the Vista drivers modified by Microsoft based on Catalyst 6.4.

The D500 and D600 can't use the Dell OEM Toshiba Bluetooth stack. It is not designed to be used with the Bluetooth 300 module and therefore isn't licensed for it. Attempting to use it will result in trial mode. If you want to use the better Toshiba stack, you'll have to buy it or just make do with the standard issue Bluetooth stack that comes with Vista/7. The WIDCOMM 3.0 stack is included for XP use. I included a hard to find version that includes a firmware update for the Bluetooth 300 module. The flash update process begins after installing the stack in XP. It will take up to 15 minutes to flash it. Do NOT touch the system or shut it down before the flasher window disappears. Best bet is to just leave the computer alone for 30 minutes before you reboot. Dell removed this package because people were impatient and rebooted before the flashing was complete and killed their Bluetooth modules. If you want to ensure you have the latest firmware to prevent any other Bluetooth related issues in Vista/7, install XP then flash the module first before installing 7.

3. Farquard

Farquard MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    I found these to be very useful in taking care of some problems with the computers at a friends business. Thank you.

4. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Which systems did you use these drivers on? It is helpful to know. :)

5. aspire219

aspire219 MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2011
    this is very useful for me thanks mate :cool:

6. Netbanshee

Netbanshee MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I've used your drivers to resolve issues with Win7 on my D610 and D600 lappy's. Worked better than any other method to date.

Keep up the good work.

Thanx.

7. Ktex

Ktex MDL Novice

May 8, 2011
    I just registered today to say thank you, I am installing win 7 on two dell latitude D600 and was surprised that there were no drivers for it or vista, so initially I could only install the realtek audio for win 7, which at least gave me sound. These older laptops are still better than notebooks, with 1.5 GHz, 2 GB of DDR Ram, 40 GB of memory and a nice 15 inch screen.
    Thanks again.

8. DvDriessen

DvDriessen MDL Novice

May 20, 2011
    Hi Kouryu,

the Links from the D400 are down.
    Can you re-upp it ?

tnx

9. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    D400 reuploaded.... use the updated links in the original post :)

D600 has been updated... Toshiba Bluetooth stack removed... it is not licensed/designed for the D600. The D600 is supposed to use the WIDCOMM stack and that is what is included now.

I added D505 as I finally figured out the hardware differences from the D500

other than D610, the other links are dead. Unless requested, i won't upload them as there were so little demand

10. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    as I explained already, the d630 has official vista drivers from dell... they will work fine with 7 and that's all you will need to get

11. dsl25

dsl25 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    Thanks for this Kouryu, extremely helpful as I'm in the process of upgrading my D400 for the same reasons you mention. I knew there are issues with display and your pack brings the needed solutions.

Unfortunately, I was very surpirsed to discover Rapidshare is not free anymore and you need to pay to download your files - unless I didn't find the right button?

Would it be possible for you to upload those files to another free file sharing service? Especially those for D400.

In advance many thanks!

12. dsl25

dsl25 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    Great!!!

Thanks for this Kouryu, extremely helpful as I'm in the process of upgrading my D400 for the same reasons you mention. I knew there are issues with display and your pack brings the needed solutions.

Unfortunately, I was very surpirsed to discover Rapidshare is not free anymore and you need to pay to download your files - unless I didn't find the right button?

Would it be possible for you to upload those files to another free file sharing service? Especially those for D400.

In advance many thanks!

13. dsl25

dsl25 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    need glasses...

Sorry for my previous comment about Rapidshare - didn't notice your remark about that.

Thanks to acrsn for the suggestion and bringing this up.

14. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    rapidshare still allows free downloads... look for the big gray "Free Download" button towards the lower right corner of the page
    I just tried it and it works

what they successfully done was changed how the download pages look enough to confuse you into believing you must pay for their stupid service... I haven't given them a dime and I don't plan on it!

15. dsl25

dsl25 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    Got glasses!

YES, right! Many thanks for this.

I thought this was for downloading their stupid RapidPro and didn't pay attention. Boycott them!

Thanks for your help, I'll now try to enjoy the upgrade...

16. ctc

ctc MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2008
    Thanks for putting these together. Any chance you could make the D800 drivers available again?

17. SCRUBY1

SCRUBY1 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    Hi Kouryu
    I just joined the forum today and found your post on Dell Latitude drivers.
    I have a D410. Unfortunately the link to Rapidshare for the D410 drivers
    no longer works. Would you kindly point me to where I can download them.
    thanks

18. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    D410 and D800 reuploaded
    links are in original post

19. SCRUBY1

SCRUBY1 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    Thanks Kouryu, I have this D410 that I refurbished and had Bluetooth working with a Toshiba stack that time bombed out on me.
    I could never get Bluetooth working again. I hope the driver upgrade helps. I would also appreciate any thoughts in this respect.
    Again, thanks