unsigned drivers & 7600 rtm

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RanCorX2, Aug 22, 2009.

1. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    does anyone know who to load unsigned drivers in windows 7? I have two drivers which no longer work. I'm still using test mode like I did with vista, and still have the DDISABLE_INTEG....etc option in bcdedit. UAC is off as well.

I've tried the latest tool from NGO but when I reboot the drivers are still fricken unsigned grrr!!! So for now I've just removed them.

one is the hidusbf.sys driver to change the usb mouse rate and the other is the driver from PCI Latency Tool. Not very important but I'd like to get them working again, wish microsoft wasn't like a b*tch about unsigned drivers....ffs

2. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    In Vista there was a program called "Atsiv" which allowed the user to load and unload unsigned drivers (.sys). Maybe a Win7 version of that program exists?!

3. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    Oddly havent stumbled upon this issue yet.Win7 x64

Also ReadyDriver Plus can help i think...

4. silvergate

silvergate MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009

use win x86 version not the win x64 if you dont mind the 4gb limit

5. rab2

rab2 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    I used this yesterday on Windows 7 x64 and it worked fine. As well as switching to testing mode you did also use the sign driver option to sign all the files, right?

6. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    done it all, that dso tool doesn't work for me on windows 7, it just doesn't sign anything.

test mode = on

ddisable_integrity_checks = on

uac = all off

group policy settings for driver installtion & uac = all tweaked to ignore and disable warnings.

I installed readydriverplus and that's working fine, so I guess microsoft have done something else to windows 7? for some reason ati tray tool doesn't work....the driver is started but the main program crashes. I checked in Event Log.

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    RanCorX2, dseo13b.exe works like a charm, so it must be you doing something odd

sebus