Unsupported CPU for DELL BIOS optiplex gx620

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by oskreso, Nov 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. oskreso

oskreso MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2013
    Hello,

does anyone know how to add CPUID for Pentium D805 (F47) in BIOS A11GX620 ?

I've found some posts from Windows7, aascut, kizwan, and I've read them several times, but I'm still not clear how to do it.

2. alien2xx

alien2xx MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    #2 alien2xx, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    Hi, it should take.. so you know.. I re-flashed my gx620 again with the same A11 bios it already had and took the CMOS battery out to re-set it (already modded with slic 2.1 that I linked on the other post http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/50720-Dell-Optiplex-Possible-to-disable-CPU-message) and I don't see the message again and it boots just fine.
    My gx620 is now running with the PENTIUM D930 3.0 GHZ LGA 775 CPU SL95X Just fine and I can really see the difference from the Pentium 4 it had. so yours is a D805, it should work out of the box since that is lower than the D930... I am a happy camper now! :biggrin:
    Good new life given to a good old little machine! - btw, it runs Windows 8.1 perfectly (except I can't seem to be able to find the correct drivers for sound AC'97)) everything else works great..

My co-worker did the same on his GX520 and even though the bios is the same on both machines (use the same bios) the GX520 complains about the cpu not supported but it runs just fine with it once you pass the message - no issue if the machine is ON most of the time!.... it must be something else in the mobo's chip an combination with the bios and not just the bios...

cheers!

3. oskreso

oskreso MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2013
    Thanks for your help. I did reset CMOS, but it still behaves the same.
    Anyway, I got used to press F1 when booting, so it's no big deal.