Unsupported DMI function

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by windows.seven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. windows.seven

windows.seven MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I want to install XP on a assembled desktop machine. It already has a licensed XP Pro installation but the hard disk is giving errors so I need to change. I want to do a fresh install. I have downloaded XP VL from this site and integrated OnePiece update pack using RVM and burnt this to DVD.
    The motherboard is Intel DG41TY.
    I tried the DMI tattoo ISO but when I ran the "Tattoo Intel BIOS", I am getting "unsuppoorted DMI function". What is this error and how to resolve this.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    There are other Intel dmi utilities in bios section also even if you tattoo it you cannot use OEM:SLP activation on VLK system you will need to use VLK-and-OEMBIOS-changer or use xp oem pro cd.

3. windows.seven

windows.seven MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2011
    As I understand I have to tattoo the BIOS first to be able to use the OEMBIOS changer, this is how I did on other systems? Is this correct?
    Or can I directly run the OEMBIOS changer?

I have been able to tattoo the same make of MB on another desktop so I don't understand why it is not working on this one.

Which other Intel DMI utility should I use?

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Run the OEMBIOS.EXE to see if you have the SLP in the system already. Being an intel board, it may have valid slp string already.

You may have to use the usb version of the tattoo disc for the intel functionality.
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...Award-AMI-Intel-BIOS-(Add-SLP1-0-w-o-modding)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What about this??

;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...