[UNSUPPORTED] Open 7 act*vator by Nononsence [revised by HotCarl] ;-)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HotCarl, Oct 29, 2009.

1. pettergulbra

pettergulbra MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2009
  2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Long answer is WHS is based on W2K3 standard, so check the stickies in the server forum

3. carfal

carfal MDL Junior Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Hi HotCarl,

Im getting a little worried. You havent posted in a while.

I'm going to assume your busy with your studies so good luck with that.

If not then have you decided that your activator is developed enough now? Cheers. :D

4. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Interesting question. Looking forward for that answer ;)

5. Ookpic

Ookpic MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    Hello

Kind of a newb here so I apologize if this scenario has been asked before. I did read the help section of the O7A. I read the first few pages of this thread as well. Please just let me know if this post is OT or not allowed and I will delete. Sorry for the lengthy post!

I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Mobo and a Core i7 920 Cpu. I'm running Windows 7 32bit. I have always had no problems with the system including updates. I noticed the other day Windows 7 came up with warning that I was not genuine. I do have a genuine copy so I'm not sure why it came up? Before dumping everything and reinstalling and possibly calling M$ I decided to look around and see if the problem can be "fixed". I stumbled on removeWAT which didn't work. I re-enabled WAT and deleted that program. I then read somewhere that using O7A is far superior to just removing the WAT.

I downloaded the most recent version 1.2.7 and started the program. I didn't do anything straight away because of all the nice warnings. I did notice that when I clicked on the "show Windows Activation Station" that it was red and no SLIC was present. I went back to reading the help file and decided I had nothing to lose so I clicked on the install button with no options checked which if I read the help file correctly means it will attempt to do a full install loader and all.

Ok, so I let it do it's thing and reboot. I'm then greeted with the standard BIOS splash screen followed by a black screen after POST and text that just says "Verifying DMI Pool Data". After a couple of seconds it displays Upgrade complete and then the system hangs. I try several times to restart the system to no avail.

Now I'm concerned that my BIOS is corrupt. I try loading default, loading optimized. Nothing seems to allow it to boot. I click the old "Clr CMOS" button and try loading "last good known" still no joy.

I do have a WHS and do nightly backups so I pop in the restore CD and start the process of pulling the previous day's backup from the server. When I get the system back up and running the first login shows the message that the OS is not Valid once again. Being a sucker for punishment I thought I would load up O7A again and just look at the Activation Station just to see what it tells me.

Now it shows in here that it is activated AND SLIC 2.1 is present??? I right click on Computer and look at the properties and it shows windows is activated as well. So now I'm really unsure what the heck has happened?? I rebooted the computer and everything is fine now. No activations warnings. Anyone have any ideas?

6. evnflow

evnflow MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
  7. plauzi

plauzi Guest

@HotCarl:
    Are you still alive?
    Where are you?
    Do you want to make us happy with a new version of your loader? :rolleyes:

8. plauzi

plauzi Guest

Hmm... where can I find new versions of it?
    Does HotCarl have a new home board?

9. carfal

carfal MDL Junior Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #551 carfal, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
    I think PayMyRent is having some fun with you plauzi......as far as i've seen there is no v1.2.8:D

EDIT.........unless he's showing a new test version! :eek:

10. plauzi

plauzi Guest

GRRRRRRR, PMR!!!

If I can get you in my fingers, your health insurance can pay your rent (if you still need). :cool:

11. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i have the source and three test versions of 1.2.8 :D:D

12. plauzi

plauzi Guest

I have a big long blade! :p

13. carfal

carfal MDL Junior Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Excellent! So from this i'm going to assume HotCarl hasnt lost interest in his project. He's just chosen to stay away from all of the distractions these forums sometimes pose. :nosweat:

14. pettergulbra

pettergulbra MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2009
    Is there anyone that have tried this with the update KB971033, that suppose to remowe act*vators like this?

And where do I find the newest one, i think I use 1.1.5. And what is the newest one at the moment?

Kindly

Petter

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  16. Claysoft65

Claysoft65 MDL Member

Sep 4, 2009
    OMG ... and you had to check the "integrity" of the image to understand that Jinjie was only joking a bit ?
    ... or maybe you just "forgot" to read the Release date that he was "quoting" into his post ... ?
    :p :p

17. bexley

bexley MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    Hi, i just did a fresh install from usb using the guide in this site.

I am unable to run the loader though, it just errors. here is the log file

-----Begin error report----- [14/03/2010 21:39:24]
    Open 7 Activator encountered an unexpected error while attempting to detect the GUID of the 'SystemVolume'. The 'SystemVolume' GUID could not be found. (See: InstallLoader_WO_Mounting(2))
    Switching installation method to the alternate method. The 'SystemVolume' will be mounted and the install will continue without interrupt...
    Loader Method Attempted: GRLDR
    Edition of Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate [x86]
    -----End of error report----- [Version: 1.2.7]

-----Begin error report----- [14/03/2010 21:39:24]
    Open 7 Activator Error: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\GRLDR'.
    Open 7 Activator encountered an unexpected error while attempting to make the loader file. (See: BuildLOADER())
    Target Drive: E:
    Attempted Loader Method: GRLDR
    Attempted OEM Brand: Acer

-----Begin error report----- [14/03/2010 21:39:25]
    Open 7 Activator Error: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\GRLDR'.
    Open 7 Activator encountered an unexpected error during the installation process. (See: Button1_Click(9))
    Installation Failed at: 40
    Attempted Loader Type: GRLDR
    Partial of Attempted Product Key: HYRR2

I dont have an E: drive and dont understand why it is looking there.

Help please?